Should Agency's pay to advertise jobs on here?

I don't agree either.

I don't think there is any need for a third party to profit from one man's graft.

If there were no agency scaffolders, the same work would still be there.

Let's remove all the agencies off here then. I'm easy either way it won't affect me.

Well rumple, the way i look at it is this and ime prepared to get shot down over this. If these agencys that come on hear and pay £8-£10 per hour the scaffold companys are going to think why am i paying an agency when i can pay them the same crap wages. Rant over.

Good point Oldscaff, and as Phil 181 said, why should a third party benefit from a mans sweat.

Let's remove all the agencies off here then. I'm easy either way it won't affect me.

Ditto.

Although it's quite interesting that those two characters from Robert Hurst Agy haven't been seen since Slav80 suggested them donating £100 to charity...

Would it be a good idea if the scaffolding company looking for men paid a nominal fee to the forum to advertise the job and go down that route ?
That would cut the middle men out of the equation. Everyone might be happy.
:toung::toung:

Employment laws would apply if taken on direct. Even if temporary.

But you could go down the SC60 route.

Last edited:
Would it be a good idea if the scaffolding company looking for men paid a nominal fee to the forum to advertise the job and go down that route ?
That would cut the middle men out of the equation. Everyone might be happy.
:toung::toung:

As i said before the website will implode if we keep forcing people away, first agencies, second scaffold companies.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

As i said before the website will implode if we keep forcing people away, first agencies, second scaffold companies.

no one will pay. Job centre is free

What do you mean bubba "as you said before" that was your first ever post.... or am I missing something ????

they wont pay,as for companys taking on cis,sc60 most trying to get away from that avenue(well the ones seeking membership of the nasc)as the big boys club dosent want companys with high levels of selfemployment.they have there data bases,job centres,and online postings to procure men,i for one wont even notice they have gone.

Tax avoidance is not illegal, but tax evasion is. I'm not suggesting that company's or agency's are guilty of the latter, but there should be an investigation by the revenue into the company/agency relationship to determine if revenue is loosing out by the practise of non direct employment.

The posting of jobs is only going to help people. If ytou don't want to work for £14 an hour then don't. That is the way things are at the moment. If you can get more than great.

Why have a go at someone who is offering some kind oif job.

Yes the wage is poor but things are bad at the moment, if you work for someone through a third party you will get 15 - 20% less tahn full time paid

:amuse:

Top Bottom