hello,everyone

dnl-metal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I am new here.
I am from China, now work in a manufacturer&exporter of scaffolding and formwork products as a salesman.
I need to know more about the scaffolding you use in UK.Hope this forum can help.:)

welcome forward the grade of steel that your using.....

Q235 or Q345 according to Chineses national standard.They are the most commonly used material in steel scaffolding across China.
235 and 345 mean the yield point is 235 and 345 MPa.

I am interested what is the corresponding steel grade in EN or BS standard??:)

Hi and welcome dnl-metal.

As far as i'm aware the British standard for scaffold tube is generally 6.3 m lengths of galvanised steel with a 48.3mm diameter and a 4mm wall thickness with a yield strength of 235N/m2.

The newer high yield steel tubes have a 3.2mm wall thickness and a yield strength of 355N/m2

or so my documentation tells me lol

Well i'll be jiggered, thats my 200th post on here, i definitely talk too much

Strange post this, I had a private message from another chinese person a good few months back asking for information about scaffolding, told him i would get back to him but never did. Wonder if dnl-metal knows him too?

Hi and welcome.Can you send us a list of prices and transport cost ect... Were always looking to look into the supply market.

Hi buddy,I am afraid you underestimated it by far. it is 1.2 billion haha

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Hi i love fridays , I am afradi i might be kicked out of this forum if i post the price list here, why not send me an email in private, I will be glad to reply with the product catalogue. :)

Last edited:
Hi tinheads, one question here:
when you say the tube wall thickness 4mm and 3.2mm. what are the dimensional tolerances ?
one of my Thailand client require Φ48.3×3.2mm and Φ48.3×4mm hot dip galvanized steel tube according to BS1139, but the fact is that most steel tube manufacturers in China do 3.25 for 3.2, 3.75 for 4 (irrespective of zinc plate),i wonder is it acceptable according to that standard??
obvious,that tiny difference does not affect use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom