one for the offshore lads

offshorescaff

Reaction score
just had this email sent by 2 lads i know from offshore...worth a read...as i it could end up with scaffs being on the receiving end..

CAN YOU PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY OFFSHORE WORKERS AS YOU KNOW. Wonder if you guys know that already about 60% of all the crewson our standby boats in the North sea are now Polish. Polish seamen are filling these posts at such a rate that within a year our standby boats will be 100% Polish crews. According to one whom I spoke to in the Station Hotel Aberdeen oin Monday night past, who said " we starting on the standby boats then we start to take over also the oil platforms ". He was deadly serious. It appears also some of the Major employers in the North Sea ( all your big names) have set up training scools in Gadansk for Pipies, Platers, welders, Engineers and the like, with the view of filtering them into the North sea as soon as possible. Also another big player who we BOTH know very well is apparently training up masses of Indians in the middle east Dubhi I believe. This is more on the Safety and Electrical side, Again this is with the veiw of filtering them in here as soon as possible. soon well be dominated by these workers and theres not much we can do, EXCEPT STAND UP " NOW " AND FIGHT. WHY SHOULD THESE F****RS BE ALLOWED TO TAKE OUR JOBS. GUYS THE OIL COMPANIES MEAN BUSINESS HERE. " THEY WANT B I G G E R PROFITS AS IF THEY'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH NOW. Soon !!!! we'll have Polish Supervisors, Polish Safety men ( already being trained ) " BECAUSE " the poor F ****NG Polish or Indian worker will not be able to understand what a "BRITISH " Supervisor is saying.

WISE UP GUYS !!!!! IT'S ALREADY STARTING. YOU CAN SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES , YOUR NOT BLIND, "WERE NOT BLIND " -------- " G U T L E S S " YES WE ARE THAT. WELL ABOUT 80% OF US AT LEAST ---- " BECAUSE " WERE ALREADY LETTING THEM DO IT. THEY'RE " SH****NG " ON US GUYS. " DON'T HAND THEM THE PAPER TO WIPE THEIR ASSES WITH. gET OF YOUR ASSES AND START DOING SOMETHING OR YOU WONT HAVE AJOB NTO PROVIDE THAT BRIGHT FUTURE YOU DREAMED OF FOR YOUR KIDS--- OR --- THE NICE HOUSE " SHE " WANTED. YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU " F**K " WITH HER OR LET THE KIDS DOWN, MANY OF US WILL LOOSE MUCH MORE THAN JUST OUR JOBS.

Apparently also the Aberdeen Labour M.P. ANNE BEGG has been shouting her fat mouth off big time in the P& J newspaper saying the noth sea is desperately short of skilled labour and we need Polish immigrants along with other skilled immigrants into the North Sea to fill this drastic shortage . About 150 of my F*****G workmates have just been Paid off from the Brents over the last 6month . The word on the street although you'd never be able to prove it ---- IS ----- she's been taken good care of to shout her mouth off and campaign for these immigrants. She will or can only gain from it will us F****NG SUCKERS LOOSE. I'm told that Anne Begg is weelchair bound. If this is what she's branding around in the newspapers , not only against the locals who work offshore but every other British worker in the North Sea. Then as far as I'm concerned she's wasting a good wheelchair. I personally will be writing her, and expressing my opinion about her comments in the press, and believe me guys it will be in no uncertain terms. She " WILL " get the message from me at least. HAVE THE REST OF YOU WHO CARE ABOUT YOUR JOBS GOT THE GUTS TO EMAIL HER ABOUT THIS ???????????. FOR THE WEAKER MINDED ONE'S WHO READ THIS --- AND THERE ARE QUITE A FEW . I SUGGEST YOU SHOW THIS LETTER TO YOUR WIVES AND LET THEM READ IT. THERE ARE A LOT OF WOMEN OUT THERE WHO HAVE MORE B***S THAN SOME OF THEIR MEN. sORRY GUYS BUT IT'S TRUE.

Incidentally Sparrows cranes have just started 40 Russian Nationals to operate cranes in thew North sea. CRANE OPS BEWARE

the norwegian yards and dutch rig yards are apparently overloaded with these workers,in fact as you mentioned the suppourt fleets are also,the british sector is or was the last bastion without them.you just have to take a look at the power station,refinary circut,companys have always put margins above anything else and with these migrants they can see ever bulging margins.pembroke is apparently overrun with them already,where a brit cant get through to a foreman for a start,make no mistake unscroupolse employers will favor their cheap laboure over his brit counterpart.it was only a matter of time mate.

This is why all scaffolders need to be in the OILC union,
in the past the scaffolding industry was a solid work force, this why offshore scaffs enjoy all the benefits you all take for granted, there has been a lot of scaff's who have just got in the door in the last 5+ years and the benefits have been there for the take.
So don't forget that all is not what it seems.
The old school has given us a good package and the wheel is turning again, the time will come for the new age scaff to do his turn for the next up incoming scaff.
Eat there young

there was a way mooted to halt their migratiton into the british sector but it has been proved highly unethical and illegal due to european union workers rights,the best hope is political pressure brought to bear on the said companys,ie the revoking of grants,taxation benifits revoked also weather they as the email says have the balls is questionable.good post mate very informative thanks.

Just got the email and to be honest it doesnt suprise me as sparrows have lost the contract on the rig im on and have been replaced by a firm who have brought there own men and some of them are jam rolls.

As for the email there is no contact details to get in touch with Anne Begg as i would of sent her a email.?

Also another big player who we BOTH know very well is apparently training up masses of Indians in the middle east Dubhi I believe. This is more on the Safety and Electrical side, Again this is with the veiw of filtering them in here as soon as possible.

And at the same time we hear of a semi secret deal with the EU and India to be able to import workers from india to the uk for 3 years without having to advertise the job to UK citizens, my word what a coincidence :sick:

good answer brandy if your getting a post that easy so am i . still chasing the vip member
Yeh Alan, do it the easy way. How many do ya need for the VIP. But seriously was going to slag off the MP that was touting for the cheap labour but could'nt remember her name.

Cape tryed it in 1996 with thaibscaffs,and it was a few old hands got wind of it and put a stop to it asking to see their CISRS numbers.
i personally went out on strike twice to back up the men on the lindsay refinery,the baton should have been picked up by the offshore fraternity then and they did nothing.i reckon if they had then it woulsd have sent out a very clear message that the hole of the petrochem and power industry was united.
THE FACT YOU HAVE STILL GOT A VERY HARD CORE OF WORKERS DOING 3 WEEKERS NEARLY EVERY TRIP T,WHEN GUYS ARE GETTING F**KED ABOUT WITH A WEEK HERE OR A WEEK THERE TELLS YOU THE CLASS OF MEN OUT ON THE PLATFORMS.
THE MP ANN BEGG WANTS TO HANG HER HEAD IN SHAME.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS--LETS HOPE

apparently cape also tried it on back in 2004 ish on the bg armada by trying to get some eastern European scaffs out offshore who they had lined up ready in Aberdeen.the boys on the platform got wind of it. and said to the cape rep that unless cape paid these lads the same rate as the British they all wanted off.. knowing full well that cape would only be paying them a minimum wage (so much for OCA agreement) so cape backed off and they never got offshore...

mate was in poland seen a site looking 4 workers no english or irish funny we gave them jobs when they came here

Hi Guys
As daftscaff has touched on, Where is their CISRS cards ? At which CISRS accredited training centre did they do their Training at,how long for and at what grade ? :mad:

We all need to unite on this one lads. Stand together and stand strong this industry is goin downhill, it's up to us whether offshore or not. Now is th time to make ourselves heard shake this **** up. Get th unions to say what we want not backhanded propaganda.

scaffolder

just one four the proper scaffolders offshore i have seen the email and allso be a wear there is a lot off chancers in the scaffolding game now so whatch out lads

sorry lads got the date wrong there it was 2006,should stay off the nelson mandellas when im on the computer.
as for cisrs training cwentres the phillipines will probably have one soon watch this space

Top Bottom