opinions on metreage in a day with 2 men

sharon111

Reaction score
i (big gav) recently joined a company that is expecting a 2 man job to erect150sqm a day , OR/ dismantling 300sqm a day. is this a piss take or for real. can someone let me know if it should be a 3 man squad.if its a 3 man squad i been takin up the garden path and would like find another job lmao:(

there tekin the piss. a severe slap would be awaiting em at the end of the garden walk. reasonable 60sqm per man a day. thats if the works there, gear forks,crane etc.

All the best friend

i (big gav) recently joined a company that is expecting a 2 man job to erect150sqm a day , OR/ dismantling 300sqm a day. is this a piss take or for real. can someone let me know if it should be a 3 man squad.if its a 3 man squad i been takin up the garden path and would like find another job lmao:(
150 sq m erect x 2 man gang would be pushing it, shorter days now. 200 sq m x 3 man gang would be more realistic,

scaffolding was always roughly priced at 100ft a man per day.

its an hourly rate of £9.90 mate, thanks for your input guys, does anyone want me to come and work for you LMAO..... never mind im on the hunt lol

Back in the day , we worked at 8ft per hour linear , This included one working lift boarded, handrail (single) ties (20X20 grid) and ladder access. The decent companies of the day paid 6ft hour setting out
Extra boarded lifts were paid at 10 boards per hour including h/rail

80ft X 3 lifts = 30 hours, paid at the joint council rate of the day

the dismatle rate was half the erect rate 16ft hour

putlog scaffold normally for brickies though sometimes for gutter and painting works was double the output rate of independent
16ft erect and 32ft dismantle, the erect rate included lifting the boards,for brickies

I want and need my pound of flesh but that seems a bit excessive, a lot depends on the type of work and material used, 150m2 using system should be easy done but t&f with a few obstacles soon brings the meterage down.

scaffolding was always roughly priced at 100ft a man per day.

Back in the day , we worked at 8ft per hour linear , This included one working lift boarded, handrail (single) ties (20X20 grid) and ladder access. The decent companies of the day paid 6ft hour setting out
Extra boarded lifts were paid at 10 boards per hour including h/rail

80ft X 3 lifts = 30 hours, paid at the joint council rate of the day

the dismatle rate was half the erect rate 16ft hour

putlog scaffold normally for brickies though sometimes for gutter and painting works was double the output rate of independent
16ft erect and 32ft dismantle, the erect rate included lifting the boards,for brickies

I want and need my pound of flesh but that seems a bit excessive, a lot depends on the type of work and material used, 150m2 using system should be easy done but t&f with a few obstacles soon brings the meterage down.

How can anyone earn money from price work this day and age, if you work to tg20;08 and sg 4.10, you wont earn thats a fact, let me know if u can, whats the average week on price, take home.

9.90 an hour! Really? You could get a job shelf stacking in asda for more than that

well said that man . 9.90 is abismal , you should be getting paid meterage for them quants

hes taking the p!ss big time. sh!t money and he wants blood . you d be better off delivering pizza

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

thats price work measure for trainee wages , if he wants that much you want more money

always worked on squares , 20 square is a very good target for 2 men every day , how many meters is there to a square ?

ahhhh so 150 meters equals about 16 square thats quite a good target depending on what type of work your doing

How can anyone earn money from price work this day and age, if you work to tg20;08 and sg 4.10,QUOTE]

seems this is the case now

i only work on price and its soo hard to earn

u just cant do price now unless your on a birdcage by the way 9.50 a hour shocker fook him off

there tekin the piss. a severe slap would be awaiting em at the end of the garden walk. reasonable 60sqm per man a day. thats if the works there, gear forks,crane etc.

All the best friend
I think it would be physicaly impossible to erect that amount of scaffold using advance rails or step ups, in 2m lifts , properly in an ordinary 8 hour day and tie it all in properly every other standard every other lift ,thats if it was a straight job with no returns. I certainly wouldn't even attempt it for £9.90 an hour. Ask for a demonstration from the guy who's setting the target, see how he does it.

Sadly the rate of pay scaffolders command at the present time is I believe at an all time low.

There are several factors driving prices down

1) The current cutbacks in public generated spending. Schools, Univerities, Hospitals,new road schemes, public buildings, town halls, ect. There are more severe cutbacks to come in the next 5 years as the present governments policies come on line

2) The general maintainance of all the above as repair and improvement work is "put back" year on year

3) The general surplus of office accomadation, Shop premisess and hotel rooms in most of our major cities. This has led to the withdrawel of speculators investing in the private sector.

4) The drastic decline of the "new build housing" sector. Again driven down by the lack of investent due to the lowered return on the sale of houses

5) The bankers withdrawing finance to business on an unprecidated scale in the past 20 years

6) The loss of our traditional manufacturing industries, Steel, Coal, Car manufacturing,Textiles, and many more

We are in this position due to short sited and "politicaly motivated" decisions taken by both the Conservative and Labour governments over the past 50 years.

As a country we are a spent force and are in denial as to our own financial standing on this planet.Unless a man of vision with national pride emerges from one of the political parties and the people of this country get up off thier knees and back him regaining our national pride and looking out for the citizens of the UK. Our standards and beliefs to be paramount in the laws of this Country Lets start looking after our own and get shut of all the malcontents and dregs of the world that are parasites on our Health,Education,Housing,and benifits systems

Bit of a rant I know, but I have watched the changes in this country, It was never heaven but it was a darn sight better than it is now in lots of ways

Top Bottom