New SG4 Upgrade

rumple

Reaction score
Is is true SG4:10 will have scaffolders using double handrails and not single anymore?

Is is true SG4:10 will have scaffolders using double handrails and not single anymore?
If you go to the hall of shame thread you'll see the scaffs there use single rails all the time, even when its a finished lift !

If you go to the hall of shame thread you'll see the scaffs there use single rails all the time, even when its a finished lift !

good shout, looks like they need to be in the 20th century not the 21st

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

good shout, looks like they need to be in the 20th century not the 21st

i see the first lift regular with one handrail round where i live, the second lift always has a double, duck under a fixed bar, no gate, no transoms or SG4. HSE will drive past that to get to my site.

do you mean the sg4 rail on non working lift.if yes then i really hope not . i heard a rumour that all lifts will need fully boarded regardless of if there working lifts or not and the boards will have to stay on the lift rather than being lifted . if this is true theres going to be a major shortage af boards

do you mean the sg4 rail on non working lift.if yes then i really hope not . i heard a rumour that all lifts will need fully boarded regardless of if there working lifts or not and the boards will have to stay on the lift rather than being lifted . if this is true theres going to be a major shortage af boards

every job will need an artic wagon

All lifts will be recommended to be fully boarded when erecting to incorperate the use of the step up while erecting,single h-rail to be installed for erecting and stripping,and boards to be moved up on completion of lift,if structure not designed to be fully boarded..

If memory serves there is no need for double guard rail on non boarded lifts, I think there was a lot of talk of scaffolders safety zone where if you were punting gear you would need to be behind a fully guarded platform.

Top Bottom