joining sccr (1 Viewer)

allan666

Reaction score
i really want to join but through my own inability to use a computer i am really struggling . i have had the form e mailed 3 times and cant open them and i havnt got a cheque book . i agree totally with what we re trying to do but making it easier to join would be a big help . im sure im not the only one , or at least i hope im not the only one .can the forms be posted out ? can i pay with cash or postal order . i dont want to be a hypocrite posting on here and not backing it up by joining the sccr . cheers

i really want to join but through my own inability to use a computer i am really struggling . i have had the form e mailed 3 times and cant open them and i havnt got a cheque book . i agree totally with what we re trying to do but making it easier to join would be a big help . im sure im not the only one , or at least i hope im not the only one .can the forms be posted out ? can i pay with cash or postal order . i dont want to be a hypocrite posting on here and not backing it up by joining the sccr . cheers

your right with the computor skills i struggle my self unless my wifes about
as for copy and paste err lets not go there.

scroll across what you want.. press control c.. then by pressing control v, it will paste your stuff on the new page.. piece of piss, but maybe easier done than explained on here..

animal has booked me and him on a evening computor course in november that way if i have a argument with her in doors i can do it me self lol might even get a banana like
ianx lol.

Can I ask what format the membership form is (the attachment to the email)?

Bear in mind that not everyone has Word or access to it - it's an expensive program that doesn't come as standard with PC's. Also bear in mind, that Word 2007 and later, unless saved specifically, can't be opened in earlier versions.

Most will have Works (if they're brand new, but not always). Perhaps the application could have an option to be sent in the mail or completed via email? I know this would be more trouble and expense (as you'd maybe need to do a stamped return envelope - lol we have many many of those knocking around in the ether, not sent back yet (you know who you are!!)) but if it gets the members returning them... I think Allan66 has a good point.

Is it possible to have the membership form available for download from the SCCR site? Downloading is sometimes easier than opening attachments.

Dico and Animal - I hope your course is good for you. Make sure it's covering what you want to know (as a sideline, I teach PC skills :))

Once pay pal is up & running membership will be open through the web site.

All takes time & money. Sorting the HSE meeting is the priority at the moment.

Thanks to all those who have joined so far.

Ragscaff

Do postal orders still exist??

I remember paying for my Beano club membership about 30 years ago with a 20p postal order.

For that you got a shiny metal Dennis the Menace badge, a Gnasher badge with moving eyes and furry border, plus club secrets!!

Maybe the SCCR could offer similar incentives to potential members.....

we do phill we give our time for free ..

thats because we can be arsed to fight for our rights and voice our opinion within the industry. but the running costs do cost money hence the membership charge.

we do phill we give our time for free ..

thats because we can be arsed to fight for our rights and voice our opinion within the industry. but the running costs do cost money hence the membership charge.

I wasn't taking the piss, I was just recalling a childhood memory about postal orders.

It's not really something that interests me Steve, but if you'd like to send me an SCCR application form, I'll be happy to chip in with a tenner.

Regards

Phil.

Can I ask what format the membership form is (the attachment to the email)?

Bear in mind that not everyone has Word or access to it - it's an expensive program that doesn't come as standard with PC's. Also bear in mind, that Word 2007 and later, unless saved specifically, can't be opened in earlier versions.

Most will have Works (if they're brand new, but not always). Perhaps the application could have an option to be sent in the mail or completed via email? I know this would be more trouble and expense (as you'd maybe need to do a stamped return envelope - lol we have many many of those knocking around in the ether, not sent back yet (you know who you are!!)) but if it gets the members returning them... I think Allan66 has a good point.

Is it possible to have the membership form available for download from the SCCR site? Downloading is sometimes easier than opening attachments.

Dico and Animal - I hope your course is good for you. Make sure it's covering what you want to know (as a sideline, I teach PC skills :))

A word viewer can be downloaded so earlier versions of word can read word 2007/2010 documents etc. It would probably be better if the form was attached as as PDF or a web based form was set up, enabling peeps to join on-line. just my thoughts

spot on , get the link on scaff forum changed to

How do you log into the SCCR, is it the same username and password as i use on the forum. or am i missing something again like a brain.:nuts:

How do you log into the SCCR, is it the same username and password as i use on the forum. or am i missing something again like a brain.:nuts:

Er, I think you need to join the SCCR.

How you do that is anyone's guess!

Er, I think you need to join the SCCR.

How you do that is anyone's guess!

Yep all fully paid up member 2 or 3 months ago, i found it quite easy to download a form,print a copy, and with a cheque, popped it into an envelope, stuck a stamp on it and posted it to address shown :cool: now back to the original question how do i log onto the SCCR:toung:

its very nearly there mate just bear with us .. then we can chat behind closed doors. mmm sounding like nasc already.

Top Bottom