becoming a scaffold lecturer (3 Viewers)

Over the past 2 year l have had 4 calls for jobs in training. Middle East..there is that
much you need.....this you need that....at 58 l looked
at the re-training but sooooo much needed.. l said to hell with it...l left it to late

So the young-ins need to get everything to cover
the later years in life....Rip

Last edited:
the road to becoming a lecturer can be a long one, with you having to be ideally practicing whilst under taking your A1 to get the evidence you require. there use to be a rule that the CISRS instructor was only allowed to shadow and do part 1`s for 6 or 12 months before shadowing the part 2 etc... then you have to become familiar with the structure of the NVQ level 2, the starting salary is not very good as mentioned above. once guys have got they experience and tickets they seem to go sub contracting as it offers better money. you will be vetted before CISRS will accept you on their bank of instructors with you needing a minimum amount of experience to prove your level of scaffolding in the industry ...

hope that helps

You never leave it too late Scaffolder, and at 58 you should be looking at passing on your experience to the young blood…

Just so happens that Im looking into gaining Quals, if you haven't loaded at PTLLS yet I would advice you research the Course, its the first step to gain Adult Teaching Quals…after Forty Two Years before the Mast, I am now looking to Training, Train the Trainer, TAQA, Assessor…SO Scaffolder your never too late…

As I understand it the Industry prerequisite Quals required for a trainer is as below…

Adv Scaffolding
Adv Scaffolding Inspection
PTLLS 3/4

I think that the above is the bare min and one would have to selfstudy for advancement, assessor ect…

So Bro Scaffolder do you fancy a challenge ???, don't squander your experience pass it on…

Best regards

Garry...

So l need to do NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety

To be able to do Adv Scaffolding Inspection

Just for the H&S

Then PTLLS 3/4

Just looked at this CCNSG passport that will do me...

Last edited:
Top Bottom