glow in the dark level (1 Viewer)

soon youl have 6 fingers and 2 thumbs

i didnt think i would have to explain that clearly leechs level lights up the bubble only not the casing i thought it would be a good idea if the fluid around the bubble itself was flourescent hense a glow in the dark level

Ok well it looks like I have to write this post again... Is there a fault with this site? Posted but can't find it now?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Ok Guys!!!...

I joined up to tell you all about my new 'Double Award Winning' ProView Scaffolders level I am just launching. It has built-in mirrors to allow you to view the bubble from more user friendly viewing positions. It has two new features 'PlumbView' for vertical levelling and 'EndView' for horizontal levelling where you look up the end of the level to read the horizontal vial via a mirror... Very usefull when you're adjusting the beams from the end.

Please visit 4octopus.com*::*Manufacturers*::*X-Pro Tools to view it for yourselves... Feel free to leave comments.

This level was design at the request of Scaffolders specifically so I hope you like it.

REGARDS 'GLOW IN THE DARK'.

I have experimented with this material and concept in the design of my own levels and I can tell you this;

Firstly; There is no 'GITD' liquid available (Yet)... The crystals just sink to the bottom of the vial so existing materials don't work like this.

Secondly; The 'GITD' material has to be held against a light source for a few minutes so initially it is very bright but it dulls down very rapidly, i.e. It will be dull by the time you get from the light source to the job you need it for, unless of course you're carrying a Torch but then you'd just use that instead wouldn't you?

Thirdly; The 'GITD' material does not illuminate the liquid or the bubble itself, it simply provides a bright background against which the bubble stands out. This means the material has to be behind the vial not at the ends. Frankly it is useless for this application.

Sorry to dissappoint but there it is, a 'Glow in the Dark' level as requested doesn't exist and would not do the job you want it for even if it did.

I am however launching a new range of Box Beam professional grade levels soon with LED illumination of the bubbles so keep an eye out for them.

Nice to meet you all and best wishes.

'X-Pro' For the 'X-tra Professional'.

Last edited:
I might treat myself to a glow in the dark level soon, lol.

I want one for my Christmas :love:

Dear Santa

Please can I have ..........................................................

pound of carrotts will be cheaper...encouraging blokes to work in the dark??dont u think were resembling mushrooms enough???;)

fredrik

ye,I used that avatar when I joined the Forum---thats my original avatar :eek:

looks a bit like dico's one eh ...

Last edited:
I would Neva work in the dark,u couldn't pay me enough as I have kids,don't get me wrong I love a challenge esspecially if it's high but in the dark is just plain right stupid I value my life and so should every 1,the only time I'm in the dark doin a shift is on her.lol

Top Bottom