has the minimum height changed (3 Viewers)

mightymouse

Reaction score
we had some young little P*ick on site today(safety inspector)
he took great pleasure in telling us the minimum height of the top handrail has changed to 1090mm on 01 09 2010
can anyone confirm this

If somebody falls over the top of the handrail he or she would have been doing something they should not of been doing :nuts:

They make it up as they go along . Some systems may not cover this height . I can only assume it`s a back door move to get a third handrail for nowt .

Heard it was going to change but never been given a date. Stopped using a bubble down because of it. Now do 16".

:sad::cry:

he told us......
it was from the top of the boards,to the top of the tube of the top handrail.
i did ask for some written proof,
as i have heard nothing about this change.
and i like to think im on top things like this
and i know my firm would have been all over this like white on rice

but if it has slipped through
i would like any info you guys can give me as i cant find any at all

If somebody falls over the top of the handrail he or she would have been doing something they should not of been doing :nuts:
Thats talking sense Joe, but sense is not very common with a lot of these muppets.

he told us......
it was from the top of the boards,to the top of the tube of the top handrail.
i did ask for some written proof,
as i have heard nothing about this change.
and i like to think im on top things like this
and i know my firm would have been all over this like white on rice

but if it has slipped through
i would like any info you guys can give me as i cant find any at all

utter rubbish, it means changing the law and the law has not changed.

thought it was still 950mm. the fabricated stairs that get fixed to buildings, them handrails are welded at 1090mm. fire escapes etc. just googled 1090mm handrail height. if thats any help to you.

On a fixed guard rail the height is 1.1m,which i thought should be the height for scaffolding,so when they changed it a bit since i hoped citb would follow suit but dint.scaffold is a temporary structure,the man is talkin sh-t,
Am 6'2 n like a good guard rail,with 470+470+225 it is cool to me, but i sometimes got odd stair for putting them in heigh.Yes i also know the minimum height of a toe board is 150mm

On a fixed guard rail the height is 1.1m,which i thought should be the height for scaffolding,so when they changed it a bit since i hoped citb would follow suit but dint.scaffold is a temporary structure,the man is talkin sh-t,
Am 6'2 n like a good guard rail,with 470+470+225 it is cool to me, but i sometimes got odd stair for putting them in heigh.Yes i also know the minimum height of a toe board is 150mm

It's got nothing to do with the CITB mate.

It's the HSE that dictate the rule in schedule 2 of the WAH regs.

The Working at Height Regulation states 950mm from the top of boards

The Working at Height Regulation states 950mm from the top of boards

At 6' 2" or 1880mm new money, the height of my hip goes the top handrail and a bubble down goes the bottom handrail, then the toe board, never known anyone to fall thru a fully double handrailed and toe board lift.
When i do the maths that works out 1000mm top handrail then length of your bubble which is 260mm from bottom of double to top of bottom double for your bottom handrail and then your toe board which a standard board is 225mm.
Im near on the money with the regs, your talking about 30mm to 50mm difference with each component, i find the 950, to low. unless your 5" 5'.:suspicious:

they were on about changing it a while ago, but as you will know brickguards barely touch toeboards to start with never mind raising the hrail height, imagine cost of replacing full stock of bguards for a big company with a stock for example of 20,000 guards , no good i say its no good

Top Bottom