has the minimum height changed (1 Viewer)

Nowadays the lads wear there belts low so you can see the label on there boxer shorts!!!

That would make the handrail height to be 380mm!! :eek:

Not at Aom, just make them wear ovies, that sorts that out.

haha, well there fekin should be. Strictly speaking it's not actually baw height it's just on the buckle of my belt but belt height hasn't got the same ring too it.

I could never understand why they don't ask me to do the re writes. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I am not really sure why but I really fekin hate hand rail measurers.:mad:

Morning AOM
I tried this technique some time ago whilst cutting an over grown run of hedge with my mate. We started at opposite ends of the hedge and met in the middle somewhere. He is 6'4" and I am 5'9" guess the rest LOL

Yeah I guessed it Alan but for the full Aom experience you forgot to spend the previous 4 years punching the information into your mate to reduce mistakes. I have all the relevant information in my method statement, I could forward you a copy should you wish to reduce your risk of errors on future projects.:cool:

Am guesing perfectly level (he got short leggs and long body u got short leggs and short body ) lol yeha it dosent work if 2 people are doing it at belt hight on the the same piece of hand rail unless your leveling of only one baw as amo puts it wel come in all shapes and sizes thats y 1 runs the lift in while the other hand rails

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Am guesing perfectly level lol (he's got short leggs and long body u got short leggs and short body ) lol yeha it dosent work if 2 people are doing it at belt hight on the the same piece of hand rail unless your leveling of only one baw as aom puts it we all come in all shapes and sizes thats y 1 runs the lift in while the other hand rails

haha marra very funny but you just have to find your own level it doesn't matter where it is on your body but if you have a mark you will do it every time and can sell your bubble. My belt mark suits me and complies with all the measurements without having to waste time actually measuring.

sorry to alarm some of you guys or as AOM seems determinned to call us all MARRAS(as stupid m/borro name for mate)but due to receant laws against discrimination there is no longer any height restrictions ;)

haha, fekin magic.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ow marra this phrase if from the land were dream are made off whitehaven (not workington there jam eaters) :d

yeah Mate its Crap too many C===S Full of Self importance come the revolution all safety men will be put up against the wall and shot the words HEALTH AND SAFETY struck from the Dictionary Dont ge me wrong we all want to go home at night but some people take it to the MAX LOL

yeah Mate its Crap too many C===S Full of Self importance come the revolution all safety men will be put up against the wall and shot the words HEALTH AND SAFETY struck from the Dictionary Dont ge me wrong we all want to go home at night but some people take it to the MAX LOL

How many years experience do you have !!! how many life changing accidents have you investigated :laugh:.

min 950
max 1050

thats to centre of tube and from working platform.

see TG20 and SG4

Still 950 with 470 max gaps ... offshore is different beast but that is nowt to do do with W@H regs !

Loading bay undesigned !!!

Back to the old days :nuts:

when I started 1986 a loading bay had 3 standards,5 trannys,a brace each end a sway brace, a single stop end if over 2 mtrs and check fittings if not using boultons more than finger tight. ive seen these with double stacked pallets of conkers and not budge.sag a bit mind!!!!. bit in them days they had people called hod carriers so firms didn't wanna pay for loading bays. Also wooden pole ladders,compared to metal ladders an absolute joy to climb

Guardrail Heights

min 950
max 1050

thats to centre of tube and from working platform.

see TG20 and SG4

This is wrong. TG 20 and SG4 are not the law. The Work at Height regs cover it.
There is no longer a max. It's 950mm minimum with no gap of more than 470mm where a person could fall.

In practice this means that any ladder access on the outside of a scaffold must have the third handrail.

[/COLOR]Work at height regs = THE LAW

The Work at Height Regulations 2005

SCHEDULE 2
REQUIREMENTS FOR GUARD-RAILS, TOE-BOARDS, BARRIERS AND SIMILAR COLLECTIVE MEANS OF PROTECTION

1. Unless the context otherwise requires, any reference in this Schedule to means of protection is to a guard-rail, toe-board, barrier or similar collective means of protection.

2. Means of protection shall—

(a)be of sufficient dimensions, of sufficient strength and rigidity for the purposes for which they are being used, and otherwise suitable;

(b)be so placed, secured and used as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that they do not become accidentally displaced; and

(c)be so placed as to prevent, so far as is practicable, the fall of any person, or of any material or object, from any place of work.

3. In relation to work at height involved in construction work—

(a)the top guard-rail or other similar means of protection shall be at least 950 millimetres or, in the case of such means of protection already fixed at the coming into force of these Regulations, at least 910 millimetres above the edge from which any person is liable to fall;

(b)toe-boards shall be suitable and sufficient to prevent the fall of any person, or any material or object, from any place of work; and

(c)any intermediate guard-rail or similar means of protection shall be positioned so that any gap between it and other means of protection does not exceed 470 millimetres.

4. Any structure or part of a structure which supports means of protection or to which means of protection are attached shall be of sufficient strength and suitable for the purpose of such support or attachment.

5.—(1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2), there shall not be a lateral opening in means of protection save at a point of access to a ladder or stairway where an opening is necessary.

(2) Means of protection shall be removed only for the time and to the extent necessary to gain access or egress or for the performance of a particular task and shall be replaced as soon as practicable.

(3) The task shall not be performed while means of protection are removed unless effective compensatory safety measures are in place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom