Cheaper Scaffold Tags

shed

Reaction score
Hi all - just come across a company who are supplying scaffold tags loads cheaper than what we all buy now...... he will supply a box of 40 tags for about £50 + delivery.
There is no holder, its just a double sided sign with holes cut to be able to slide over a tube or fix with cable ties.
In this day and age in our industrythat sort of saving - to my mind - is excellent and we will be buying these in future.
I have seen a couple of the larger companies such a Lyndons using a similar tag only last week in Manchester.

Company selling them is Safety Solutions - contact Simon Honour - 01933 442220

I have taken some on my phone , 1 of each side plut 1 of the box of 4 but excuse my rubbishness on computers - i am not sure how i can get them up on the site - i could email them to you ?

yeh chris@totalscaff.co.uk would be great , i have just spoken to the guy , we are not a surporter of scaff tags as view them as un reusable and over priced , so an alternative on the market would be great

cheers shed ( better ring and ask about royalties)

Thanks Chris - i just have!!!!!
I just spoke to the chap and he is sending some pics over for you as i understand you have contacted him.
Good luck,
Cheers Shed

No worries mate have all info

pics

look good to me

Attachments

• Image0255.jpg
    Image0255.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 79
  • Image0256.jpg
    Image0256.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 54
We use graffix wipe on our scafftags from George Roberts cleans all the marker pen off to re-use.

We use graffix wipe on our scafftags from George Roberts cleans all the marker pen off to re-use.

Top tip if you ever run out of wipes, a can of deodorant works a treat, a little squirt goes a long way, lynx or the gillette range.:idea:

animal thats one usefull tip son , when do you get the time to find this out haha

Adapt and overcome :cool: van was is in for a service, so we had a hire car, had left the box with wipes and tags in the van, had an old tag in my bag, no tag pen, lads were getting changed, had nothing to wipe the tag clean, one lad was squirting some deodrant on, so borrowed a squirt, quick wipe with the sleeve of me overalls, the rest is history, come up brand new, mind you writing the tag out with a marker pen looked like a 5 year old had done it :laugh::laugh:

we are required to keep our tags from projects when we work for certain main contractors - we'd never buy a scaff tag again otherwise!!!
Are you not really supposed to do this anyway - i.e. keep them rather than re-use?

We,ve got hand clensing gel on site had to use it going into offices had some tags in my hand to put on a job but the gel on my hands wiped them off.
And it dont wipe the green arround or the yellow of the back.

we are required to keep our tags from projects when we work for certain main contractors - we'd never buy a scaff tag again otherwise!!!
Are you not really supposed to do this anyway - i.e. keep them rather than re-use?

Why would you have to keep the tag when the job has been dismantled, the tag thats on the job comes with us, gets wiped and then used on the nxt job. ive known tag men who write 2 tags out for the same job and put 1 on the job and 1 goes in with the handover cert to the client. not understood that. maybe ive been doing something wrong all these years.:nuts:

Who requires that you keep them shed the main contractor or your firm. Seems like an unneccesary expense to me. After all there not cheap!

I thought that is what the hand over cert was for. you supposed to keep a copy of that for some time after the job completion but not the scaff tag. maybe i'm wrong though.

look good to me
Seems a good idea. Iv'e always wiped tags clean with nail varnish remover,have 100's of them. but the holders get broke and have been trying for ages to get holders only, but they wont sell them on their own for obvious reasons. These new tags would provide the solution to the problem

I use roll on,might try it,but a did hear sweaty socks are leathal,they wipe the green off aswell

Brandy - give Simon a call if you need some - or even get him to send out a sample.....
Am investigating where I heard this about keeping the TAGS
Cheers Shed

Brandy - give Simon a call if you need some - or even get him to send out a sample.....
Am investigating where I heard this about keeping the TAGS
Cheers Shed
I remember a good while back, probably in the early days of the scafftag, company I worked for at the time started using them on a chemical plant. The whole kit was sent along with a board to hold the 2nd tag, That did'nt last long as it soon became noticable that it was just a ploy to use up the tags quicker. Never on all the sites I used them on was it compulsary to keep them. A scaffold register book is al you need, dates of erection an dismantle. My personal view is Scafftag have realised the tag is been re-cycled and it probably came from them, the rumour that the tag has to be kept. They have held the monopoly for too long, It's time for competition.

Top Bottom