nasc members is it possible (1 Viewer)

steel maniac

Reaction score
there are currently 217 nasc members.spoke to nasc today 80 more are applying of those they say an avarage of 20% will be successfull.most building or construction companies are insisting on nasc membership.is it possible that 237 scaffolding companies can supply all the scaffolding requirements of this country??

there are currently 217 nasc members.spoke to nasc today 80 more are applying of those they say an avarage of 20% will be successfull.most building or construction companies are insisting on nasc membership.is it possible that 237 scaffolding companies can supply all the scaffolding requirements of this country??

Mate, I doubt even 10% of construction companys in this country insist that their scaffolding suppliers are NASC members.

10%?i dunno about that.wot i do know is that at least 50% of the companys we work for are insisting on it by 2011.surely even more will follow

10%?i dunno about that.wot i do know is that at least 50% of the companys we work for are insisting on it by 2011.surely even more will follow

Well I can't think of a main contractor that we work for that doesn't require membership.

But I bet overall it's less than 10%.

i agree phil,definite blowing of their own trumpet,i knpw loads of firms working for the majors that dont have membership.

Companies that state only NASC members are generally full of the smelly stuff.

When the QS is looking at 2 sets of figures who do you think they will go for?
Very few companies will actually go through with that statement. Were up against that at the moment.
A few years ago on a competitors site a another trade worker was injured due to crap scaffolding, this contractor said they would never use this scaffold company again and insist on NASC members. Strangely though, they have been working on some sites again and are competing against us for about 4 right now. Guess why? cost! plain and simple. I pulled the H&S advisor of the parent company on this policy and he said it wasnt company policy to use NASC, just guidelines. Just makes my head hurt somedays all this political bowlocks.
Dont get me wrong, being in the NASC HAS brought us a lot of work (no Im not an NASC fanboy either).
The only companys I can think of in our area that strictly enforce NASC policy is Keirs and Midas.

Going off to hit my head against a wall now....see ya later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom