New Zealand scaffolder shortage (5 Viewers)

Layher

Reaction score
Scaffolders - have been added to the New Zealand Immigration 'Immediate Skills Shortage List'...ever thought about a life down under, well now is your chance!

Trades
Scaffolder (Advanced) (821712)
National Certificate in Advanced Scaffolding (Level 5) and at least five years experience since obtaining the level 5 Certificate
Auckland/Upper North Island, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, Central North Island, Wellington

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/89185A40-27D3-41F4-84BE-30129920411D/0/ISSL.pdf

Apparently interviews can be conducted through Skype!:)

Skills Needed in New Zealand

Good luck!

nearly went 3 years ago, i had a job sorted with pacific scaffolding, when it came to the crunch i backed out.;)

i got offered a job last week to go there,havent replied yet.to much to get in line first.:D

that is a huge step to take not sure if i could take it , but just out of interest what is the money like and the cost of living in NZ ?

Its not very good that is why most Kiwi scaffolders are in Australia earning bigger salaries.
Think average is about 10 quid an hour.

New Zealand is by far and away my favourite country I have been to.

However, I would never consider working there due to the reasonably poor weather and low wages. I know a couple of people who have moved out there and although they probably have a larger house than they had in the UK, their disposable income is a lot lower. A yearly foreign holiday is, for example, out of reach for a lot of people living and working in New Zealand.

Not my cup of tea, but each to their own - and I know a lot of people have a great time out there. 3 months backpacking was enough for me, though I would love to go back and visit one day. Fabulous country!

You can expect 20 dollars an hour, all your bills are paid weekly expect to pay at least 250 dollars a week rent, weekly shop at least 250 to 300 dollars a week. You can just about manage on 1 wage. If your thinkin of goin make sure ur wives get work out there 1st aswel as my wife couldn't get a job for over a year most places always take new zealanders on 1st. This is a big decision

You can expect 20 dollars an hour, all your bills are paid weekly expect to pay at least 250 dollars a week rent, weekly shop at least 250 to 300 dollars a week. You can just about manage on 1 wage. If your thinkin of goin make sure ur wives get work out there 1st aswel as my wife couldn't get a job for over a year most places always take new zealanders on 1st. This is a big decision

Thats about 9 pounds 30 an hour. Is that after all deductions?

I hardly ever worked a 40 hour week, monday to friday ur lookin at 10 to 11 hour days breaks included saturdays 7.30 till 2. An only paid extra 2 dollars an hour. Take home was av 900 a week.

Hi Guys yes i am still here, New Zealand, i spent 4-1/2 years there back in the eighties, loved every second of it, would go back tommorrow if i had the chance, i have been reading some of the comments, which i dont agree with, you dont need to leave nz for a holiday, there are fantastic places in nz for r&r, great beaches, south pacific sea, dont compare uk salaries against uk income, the cost of living in NZ is very cheap, and you will never go hungry, if you are hungry go to the waters edge and pick some shell fish food, like my kids used to do collecting clams as big as conkers, sea fishing, i can count on one hand the number of times i came back from a spot of sea fishing without a Kwai or a red snapper, go free diving for scallops, crayfish, spend your weekends BBQs, weather up north is 50f winter, ok its colder in the south island, NEW ZEALAND in my opinion is the best country on earth

Hi Guys yes i am still here, New Zealand, i spent 4-1/2 years there back in the eighties, loved every second of it, would go back tommorrow if i had the chance, i have been reading some of the comments, which i dont agree with, you dont need to leave nz for a holiday, there are fantastic places in nz for r&r, great beaches, south pacific sea, dont compare uk salaries against uk income, the cost of living in NZ is very cheap, and you will never go hungry, if you are hungry go to the waters edge and pick some shell fish food, like my kids used to do collecting clams as big as conkers, sea fishing, i can count on one hand the number of times i came back from a spot of sea fishing without a Kwai or a red snapper, go free diving for scallops, crayfish, spend your weekends BBQs, weather up north is 50f winter, ok its colder in the south island, NEW ZEALAND in my opinion is the best country on earth

Why did you leave then????

Hi Havespannerwilltravel.
To answer your question (why did i leave) Completed construction of the shell oil refinery, applied to authorities in NZ for residence visa and was turned down, skills were no longer needed and kiwis came 1st for jobs, during those years they had enough scaffs of their own, so i took off and went to OZ. now the tables have turned and they need us again, i will most definately be checking out the info i read here.

Got let down for australia last year because of skills list change so couldnt get visa . Whats it like getting in to new zealand.

Hi Havespannerwilltravel.
To answer your question (why did i leave) Completed construction of the shell oil refinery, applied to authorities in NZ for residence visa and was turned down, skills were no longer needed and kiwis came 1st for jobs, during those years they had enough scaffs of their own, so i took off and went to OZ. now the tables have turned and they need us again, i will most definately be checking out the info i read here.

Ok thanks.
Good luck

Top Bottom