New Zealand scaffolder shortage (2 Viewers)

Could not agree more but for me seeing my youngest son change so much in the three years he has been here is just fantastic , he uesed to be on his playstion all the time at home and had no real interest in anything but since he has been here he has not even touched the playstion he is a outdoor child he even has more mats here and also come out of himself so much , last weekend we built a go cart and it was great .
But i do agree that NZ is not for everyone when Australia seems to be the better option

Scaffolders - have been added to the New Zealand Immigration 'Immediate Skills Shortage List'...ever thought about a life down under, well now is your chance!

Trades
Scaffolder (Advanced) (821712)
National Certificate in Advanced Scaffolding (Level 5) and at least five years experience since obtaining the level 5 Certificate
Auckland/Upper North Island, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, Central North Island, Wellington

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/89185A40-27D3-41F4-84BE-30129920411D/0/ISSL.pdf

Apparently interviews can be conducted through Skype!:)

Skills Needed in New Zealand

Good luck!

Layher; I'm writing from Canada, my wife is a Kiwi and were planning on moving to NZ. I'm wondering, how do I go about proving my Level 4 qualifications? In Canada, we have, 1st year apprentice, 2nd year apprentice, 3rd year apprentice and Journeyman scaffolder. I have been a journeyman scaffolder(having done trade school) for over 5 years now. Do you have any idea who I might talk to about finding out how to get my ticket/experience changed over and proven? Also any more info about the scaffolding experiences that one may experience in NZ:wage, hours, job location and type of scaffolding(industrial, commercial, residential, off shore). Thanks very much

Scaffolders - have been added to the New Zealand Immigration 'Immediate Skills Shortage List'...ever thought about a life down under, well now is your chance!

Trades
Scaffolder (Advanced) (821712)
National Certificate in Advanced Scaffolding (Level 5) and at least five years experience since obtaining the level 5 Certificate
Auckland/Upper North Island, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, Central North Island, Wellington

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/89185A40-27D3-41F4-84BE-30129920411D/0/ISSL.pdf

Apparently interviews can be conducted through Skype!:)

Skills Needed in New Zealand

Good luck!

Layher; I'm writing from Canada, my wife is a Kiwi and were planning on moving to NZ. I'm wondering, how do I go about proving my Level 4 qualifications? In Canada, we have, 1st year apprentice, 2nd year apprentice, 3rd year apprentice and Journeyman scaffolder. I have been a journeyman scaffolder(having done trade school) for over 5 years now. Do you have any idea who I might talk to about finding out how to get my ticket/experience changed over and proven? Also any more info about the scaffolding experiences that one may experience in NZ:wage, hours, job location and type of scaffolding(industrial, commercial, residential, off shore). Thanks very much

Unfortunatley your qualifictions are not worth anything in NZ same as my English advanced ticket but it only takes a couple of years to go thru courses to get a decent qualification , also exprience does go a long way . Layher is used in a big way in NZ and also traditional Tube and fitting as well .There will be alot of work in Christchurch coming up because of the recent earthquakes . my advice would be head towards the bigger towns as there will alot more choice in companies to work for and will be more money around ,

any jobs abroad anyone no off advanced ticket holder English 30 in the art off scaffoldinag cape hertel SGB many years :bigsmile:

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

scaffolder with ticket advanced looking for work abroad i have 30 years in the art off scaffolding ready to travel :D

Hiya lads,has anyone worked for United Scaffolding in New Zealand & is it a good outfit to work for?

Hiya lads,has anyone worked for United Scaffolding in New Zealand & is it a good outfit to work for?
Yeah i worked for them in queenstown, they were not bad to me to be honest it's just the money is sh.ite in nz were ever you go.

Cheers toffeescaff,I'm thinking of going out there.

in new zealand now,moved across from ozzie where was working on lng in karratha WA for cape and companys in sydney,im from manchester and moved to ozzie on working holiday visa 2 years ago.met a kiwi girl whilst in the mines and decided to move to nz with her,been here 6 weeks in the north island (mount maunganui) real nice place! beaches are fantastic and way of live is great!! i did my ozzie advance ticket in a week (joke) already had my part 2 from england.over here overseas tickets aint worth the paper there printed on which is a shame coming from uk,at the moment im earning 21 dollars ph as a leading hand and my gf is working in a beauty salon not earning much,
but life is great living on the beach eating well and enjoying it.shame wages are not even in comparison to ozzie or uk but hey it a differnt country and we crnt go through life comparing things.its a bloody good place here!
be happy to talk to scaffs over here and see what there saying and upto

cheers

Daza

in new zealand now,moved across from ozzie where was working on lng in karratha WA for cape and companys in sydney,im from manchester and moved to ozzie on working holiday visa 2 years ago.met a kiwi girl whilst in the mines and decided to move to nz with her,been here 6 weeks in the north island (mount maunganui) real nice place! beaches are fantastic and way of live is great!! i did my ozzie advance ticket in a week (joke) already had my part 2 from england.over here overseas tickets aint worth the paper there printed on which is a shame coming from uk,at the moment im earning 21 dollars ph as a leading hand and my gf is working in a beauty salon not earning much,
but life is great living on the beach eating well and enjoying it.shame wages are not even in comparison to ozzie or uk but hey it a differnt country and we crnt go through life comparing things.its a bloody good place here!
be happy to talk to scaffs over here and see what there saying and upto

cheers
Cheers Veevers Scaff,I might see you soon.

What's happening I'n chirstchurch at the minute then, concrete guy At work says it's taking off NOW! looking at going early next year as sn option other than oz!

Cheers

Hi

We are looking for advanced scaffolders for our current and forthcoming projects.

You can get all the information regarding permitted length of stays and visa applications at Immigration New Zealand.

We are an accredited scaffolding company in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The management team are all ex pats of the UK, we have great morale within our team of scaffolders. If you are looking to start a new life style here in New Zealand please send all your certificates & proof of qualifications that you may hold to;

info@canterburyscaffolding.co.nz.

Regards

Vicki

never thought of scaffolder shortage would hit New Zealand, NZ is a small country with decent demands for scaffolding products, but huge for scaffolders.

Top Bottom