Double arms (1 Viewer)

used these with slider wedge transoms , good fast application for blocks of flats but the trannys are well dear !:idea:

erecting with animals

they're called transome units and the easiest way to erect with them is to use a locking lift or 'kicker' lift for your first 21', stand all your inside standards up then sleeve your next ledger out with a temporary standard on the end of it, staff your ledger out for your bay sizes, wrap your unit off on the furthest mark, put your end outside standard in and level your unit to it, then put your inside end standard in, then put your intimediate units on putting your outside standard on the end of them as you go, then put your inside standards in. simples!!

Hi lads

I know this is an old thread but I've only just come across it.

I have a different method of basing out with double arms.

• First make up a goal post using 2 standards and a double arm
  • One scaffolder can then hold this.
  • The second scaffolder then lifts in a ledger, and the first scaffolder wraps it off.
  • Then the second scaffolder fits a temporary dummy standard to pick up the loose end of the ledger.
  • Fit the rest of the double arms to this ledger and offer up the standards.
  • Drop in the outside ledger.
Hope this was clear enough.

Same as kicking off a Independent, but with trannys instead of ledgers, seems a good bit of gear, saves fecking on with the 'old gauge lath.

I for one wouldnt mind having a few dozen or so of those fellas.

I know a lad who had to use the single ones on a newbuild site (Putlog with a fitting attached,) on his toolbelt he had a joiners nail pouch full of 4'' nails he had to push them down the back of the fitting, so when he wrapped it up, it would force the spade end down.:eek:

double arm gap

i dont know if this is true but iwas told the double arm was invented by mills but they didn't sort the patent out and sgb copied it and called it readylok. however what i do know is the centre to centre distance of the stds is exactly the same as kwikform. i only know this because i once saw a kwikform job topped out with tube and subsequent lifts in readylok

scaftek

Re: Double Arms ( AKA Double Cowies and Hocky Sticks )---
I worked for a family operated Scaffolding Co in Aberdeen in the early/mid 70's, the Directors had close ties with Mills, therefore all of our fittings were Millz together with a large quantity of Double Arms. That was the first time I had worked with a Manufactured Prefabricated Scaffold---great for goal post hangers ;)...

Easy-Fix transoms[animals/bones]Board Bearers[walking-stick/hockey-stick] Invented by GKN Mills.Patent did run out on the Animals but not on the walking sticks/When basing out with animals /In perfect ground conditions /You only need to put one locking lift bay sq in/Always make 2 butt staffs on doubles from inside wall to centre of leg if inside board is needed/Move one butt round with you when continuing to base out.These have been knocking around for time now can't believe they did'nt make 3 and 4 board ones/As long as there looked after serviced BOB ON.

easy fix

I give you ...3 board easyfix , there is a chinese company that make them from 3 to 8 board's wide!!!!!

Attachments

• mobile pics 150.JPG
    mobile pics 150.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 71
Readyloks

Most come from China now 3 to 5 board dunno about 8
Have seen 5 + 3 Extendables

Have worked in China and made them

I give you ...3 board easyfix , there is a chinese company that make them from 3 to 8 board's wide!!!!!

Hahaha...where the hell do you get all these pictures from mate?

Can you get me a photo of a dodo laying an egg?

Hahaha...where the hell do you get all these pictures from mate?

Can you get me a photo of a dodo laying an egg?

that one was on a bank holiday day out to kendal in the lakes !!
i had to take the picture when the missis was in a shop !!

nice band and plates .... few years ago then

hi lambert
worked with the system back in 76 if its the same one they called it sgb stage 3 i found then best way was to get 2 bandstands put your ledgers on them get the 1st 20ft level and off you go and then you did,nt need braces because of the width made it pretty stable up to 20ft then you had to use physical ties

lapta

Worked with a scaff from London , he came down to Bristol to work and he had never seen a bone before and when he tried to use it was the funniest thing i had seen for a while he just did not know what to do with it , But seriously in Bristol where this product is widley used the youger generation of scaffolders this is all they know and dont really learn traditional tube and clip and get into all sorts of problems without SGB bones

Top Bottom