Thread: impact wrench

Thanks

Default impact wrench

hi can anyone tell me what torck the wrench should be set at , new to these ,cheers

Thanks

EN74 which covers fitting design and specification gives a torque figure of 50 Nm but that is for testing of brand new fittings only. A bit of dirt on the thread or a very oily fitting and unreliable calibration of the wrench will require different amounts of torque to get the fitting at the same tightness on the tube. I'm sure that someone here can give you more practical advice but for the time being try 50Nm. You can then put a spanner on it to see if you can get more movement, in which case you would increase the torque a little at a time until you can't get movement. Also compare how easy it is to undo the wrench tightened fitting with one that you have tightened by hand. You should be able to feel whether the wrench is set low or high.

Thanks

Why not stop being a lazy scaff and use a spanner? Haha, I know these things are quicker but there is no way I’d be using one!

Thanks

i retired 5 year since just wondering what tork they are, and as for lazy ,never always been a price man with a spanner

Thanks

Nothing to do with laziness and all to do with productivity. There’s no way a spanner can keep up. It’s not physically possible. My income has increased hugely using one of these. It pays for itself in a week.

Thanks

50 Newton meters that is the current torch test on fittings

Thanks

drills have there use but will not cover all areas in industry such as petor-chemo /oil and gas/ nuclear house bashing OK but still if you cant use a spanner you will only be good for house up house down.

Thanks

And one other thing. If you use an impact wrench you will have to turn your music up really loud so that you can hear it over the racket that the wrench makes!