Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: compliance sheet

Thanks

to be honest, i didn't go back to do my part 2 till around TG20-08 was coming in so didnt know the handrail height had changed (working for a smaller street firm) and as usual, walk out the door of the centre and forget the majority of what id learnt as i didnt use it, no thinking just doing!

I try to take a bit more of an interest in it now, getting older cant stay on the tools forever!

I really cant see it changing back although things did seem to be easier, but that was pre-Facebook!

Thanks

Has anyone bought the TG20:13 Guide to Good Practice for Tube and Fitting Scaffolding (Full Suite). Is it worth the cost for a small company.

Thanks

Hold fire the new TG20 version will be along soon.

Thanks

ALL, scaffolds should designed. That is the recommendation and good practice. Not law, but if something goe wrong and you're stood in front of the man in the curly wig. Try explaining why youy ddn't follow TG20

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scaffcon View Post
    to be honest, i didn't go back to do my part 2 till around TG20-08 was coming in so didnt know the handrail height had changed (working for a smaller street firm) and as usual, walk out the door of the centre and forget the majority of what id learnt as i didnt use it, no thinking just doing!

I try to take a bit more of an interest in it now, getting older cant stay on the tools forever!

I really cant see it changing back although things did seem to be easier, but that was pre-Facebook!
    I would say6 there are many, many scaffolders, me included, that really only took onboard TG20, SG4 etc once off the tools....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoko View Post
    ALL, scaffolds should designed. That is the recommendation and good practice. Not law, but if something goe wrong and you're stood in front of the man in the curly wig. Try explaining why youy ddn't follow TG20
    The Work at Height Regs says that all scaffolds should be designed unless built to a generally recognised configuration, which is TG20, so i would say that it is law?

Thanks

Just to help me, how many scaffolds have failed in the UK since 2005 (when NASC first published their design guidance)? On how many of those failures was there no design? I am asking because I suspect that the main cause of failure is not the poor or missing design but an operational issue on a designed or compliant scaffold. For instance leaving out or prematurely removing the ties or putting the wrong beams in the scaffold without anyone noticing are pretty common errors.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TG6 For This Useful Post:

scaffcon (4 Days Ago)

Thanks

Totally agree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2