Notches in boards (2 Viewers)

aidennixon

Reaction score
Hi,what do you lads think of people putting notches in scaff boards.Me I find it rubbish and a waste.Seen some recently that have nearly half the board notched out and in some cases even more.I find it bad practice personally and I’ve worked in plenty of refinery’s and offshore but always found a way to get around pipe work without destroying the boards.

A last resort, or a Friday afternoon shot when someone’s made a c@nt of setting it out.:laugh:

Once the board is notched in width, it no longer meets BS2482:2009 standard

Once the board is notched in width, it no longer meets BS2482:2009 standard

This. And to be fair if you set it out right and make sure the brickies are aware that cutting your boards will result in pleasantries then it shouldn't need to happen!

Normally an activity carried out by those who can’t set out a job properly.
**** practice.

depends on the job, sometimes it reduces the gap to the front of a drainpipe without leaving an excessive gap to the front

But the same can be achieved using short boards either side of a ‘drainpipe’. In my opinion it’s just being bone idle - not putting the extra transoms in place, finding and fixing the short boards. It would take about five mins per lift, per obstacle and a lot cheaper than cutting a board.

But the same can be achieved using short boards either side of a ‘drainpipe’. In my opinion it’s just being bone idle - not putting the extra transoms in place, finding and fixing the short boards. It would take about five mins per lift, per obstacle and a lot cheaper than cutting a board.

I agree to some extent, it can be lazy and is cheaper than cutting boards down. Sometimes it's dependent on the diameter of the downspout, if its 6 inches to the front then that could leave a gap bigger than 50mm which should really be covered or a system of work put in place where no one can access beneath the scaffold.

Agreed that it's bad practice any good Scaff will accommodate for it on the base out etc but tbh sometimes it's unavoidable like a gas pipe that starts up the building or other things attached and usually on old buildings that are leaning in or out and by the time you are 6 lift's up you either lose or gain a Inside board or have to notch one round the standards to make it fit I would rather notch a board then lay tubes and clip them in the gaps that is the worst thing ever 3-4 tubes clipped to the tranny's as a infill.alot of firms have half boards now cut professionally length ways,I doubt that they are tg20 compliant etc but they do the job

and, there you have it. The great crested scaffolder in his true habitat.

Can't spell and just chats ******** (or is that bollox).

You would get more respect by actually engaging in the discussion than trolling it.

Different sites different requirements, different companies different requirements, **** the legislation and **** the guidance, who needs it anyway...………………

Such a good attitude, really why bother coming on here, have a beer and keep yourself to yourself if you have nothing constructive to say

and, there you have it. The great crested scaffolder in his true habitat.

Can't spell and just chats ******** (or is that bollox).

You would get more respect by actually engaging in the discussion than trolling it.

Different sites different requirements, different companies different requirements, **** the legislation and **** the guidance, who needs it anyway...………………

Such a good attitude, really why bother coming on here, have a beer and keep yourself to yourself if you have nothing constructive to say

Shut up u melt

some times it cannot be avoided. In which case a transom should be either side of the notch.

Its mainly scaffs that can't read a job that need to notch.

Top Bottom