Flame retardant monarflex (1 Viewer)

Binthere

Reaction score
Since Grenfell has anyone insisted on certified flame retardant sheeting on new build construction?

Me Doug, it is a requirement for all scaffold sheeting (netting included) to be FR so that's all I use

Thanks for your reply Alan.
I have noticed a subtle increase in clients around the London area requesting 'Certified' flame retardant monarflex. Most recently one contractors QS stated that it is expected on all works, implying that it was mandatory. Following this discussion I read up on the LPS 1215 & 1207 information supplied by the LPCB in their red-book as the material costs can be more than double.
Points to note were that it is not as yet part of building reg's but a requirement by insurers to be installed on occupied buildings or new builds that are adjacent to occupied buildings. Also only 'Certified' FR monarflex is accepted - ordinary FR monarflex is not accepted.
I have not yet had a call on debris netting

Hi Doug
FR sheeting is a "REQUIREMENT" of the HSE (HSG168 point 168-170 fire safety in construction)
FR Sheeting is a "REQUIREMENT" in the Joint Code of Practice on the protection from fire of construction sites and buildings undergoing renovations (point 10.3)
makes reference to project values, worth a read

many thanks Alan, will follow up on those points.

You didn't mention 'certified' fire retardant though which I am finding is a different animal to the fire retardant m/f I have been used to in the past.

many thanks Alan, will follow up on those points.

You didn't mention 'certified' fire retardant though which I am finding is a different animal to the fire retardant m/f I have been used to in the past.

Always certified sheeting. Doug.
until recently there was only one suitable sheeting but I now believe there are two.
Note:
Internal sheeting is to a different spec

Top Bottom