cuplok/layher /kwikstage (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
Hi guys - i have a question which i hope someone can shed some light on - there seems to be alot of copy systems about but under different names, i dont personally have any issues with this but what what i am interested to know is hoe this is possible given that there is a patent on the systems.

Patents only last a period of time and these systems have been designed over 40 years so patents have well run out

There is a time limit on copyright as well. Not sure how long it lasts.

Yeah your right, bit from what I understand patents will last approximately 20+ years copyright can be 70 years... But I have not heard of any court cases

I think they can last up to 70 years for certain things but I think scaffolding would be well down the list maybe 10 to 20 years but I'm no expert

wouldnt it depend on what the patent was actually for , how did layer get a patent when kwikstage and cup lock been around forever it is all access so it must be a specif componet thats patented .

Good to see you back Phil. Hope all is well. Things quiet enough over here but enough to keep me going. How are things with yourself

Top Bottom