Help - Forum Members! (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
We've received a message from an anonymous member looking for advice... please see message below:

I wonder if anyone could advise me whether someone with Part 1 and 2 could erect a scaffolding around an existing three storeys block of flats that is to be extended upwards with two extra floors and mansard roof. The scaffolding will have temporary tin roof that will be high enough to allow the permanent roof work to be carried out, sheeted all round and also have a two tiered loading bay on the side above the drive to the rear yard and garages of the building. This structure must be designed and calculated.

I have a mate who is Part 1 only and his business partner who has Part 2, both are insisting that they can take the job on without involving an Advanced Scaffolder at all. I do not agree with it.

Please can anyone let me know who is right?

Seems these days anyone can put a scaffold up, don’t seem to matter if it’s right or wrong, these one man bands can get away with anything!

I would be more concerned that they have a design for the specific job and that they have the experience and knowledge to put the said job up.

Top Bottom