3 inside boards question. (1 Viewer)

scaffbhoy

Reaction score
When doing a 3 inside board scaffold [top lift only has 3] does the bridle tube for spurring need to be on doubles?

No, you could use set. Never singles though (although plenty do).

Thanks for your answer,i suppose how i should have worded my original post was are using Doubles as per TG20 regs. or would it show that on a compliance sheet.
I haven't got access to our copy of the regs. at hand so was hoping others would share their knowledge,regarding Sets it's a wee bit late as the jobs already up and has been for quite a while and in all honesty we just don't carry that amount of them anyway.

A scaffold with 3-inside boards requires design under TG20:13, so the question is essentially pointless.

I would except a bridal tube to be fixed with load-bearing fittings, nevertheless. Preferably band & plate, if the tube supporting the bridal is to be boarded.

A wee bit harsh calling the question pointless phil,but thanks for taking the time to answer.
We have got a generic design for 3 inside boards but unfortunately on this particular job we were unable to install the said ties due to the building facade so instead went with spurring it using singles on the bridle as it is only a class 2 scaffold.

A wee bit harsh calling the question pointless phil,but thanks for taking the time to answer.
We have got a generic design for 3 inside boards but unfortunately on this particular job we were unable to install the said ties due to the building facade so instead went with spurring it using singles on the bridle as it is only a class 2 scaffold.

So you decided to fix a load-bearing component with a non load-bearing coupler?

👍🏻

Top Bottom