TG20 Queries (1 Viewer)

shed

Reaction score
Anyone help - lookinjg through tg20 - there is no mention of a cantilvered scaffold as being within a basic scaffold - we have a 9 lift high (2m lifts) 13m long - top lift cantilevered - should this therefore have a design. There are 3 inside boards and 4 boards between standards?
Also - in tg20 figure 7 Town and country diagrams - there are no T factors on this - what use is this - I must be being thick??????

Cantilevered scaffolds

Hi

Cantilevered scaffolds need to be designed.

Section 22 shows guidance for cantilevers and Section 23 for truss out scaffolds, but these cannot be used for specific jobs as this varies for the loads of the scaffolds, length and type of beams used, etc.

The following provides a link for the scaffolds that the HSE thinks requires a design and number 4 is a cantilever scaffold.

Construction - Scaffolding - Scaffold tower industry health & safety

If you mean 3 inside boards as the cantilever then this is not covered by TG20:08 and would require a further design/ calculation.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chris Eng :)

Hah Hah

You make me laugh you lot.

Ferarri I wish, Not sure I know how to spell it.

The nearest I will get to an Italian car beginning with F is a Fiat.

I have got a K reg Nissan Micra, and a Mitsubishi truck for business.

Also got a big mortage from my divorce if you want that.

All the best

Chris eng

Thought all jobs apart from a basic tower were now classed as an advanced structure,and needed to be accompanied by a design drawing nowadays..

TG20 queries

Hi Phil

Thanks.

Quite a few peeps on her think designers are earning a fortune.

I know 25 years ago the Engineer was paid less than many scaffolders and supervisors.

Change a bit now due to supply and demand.

Sorry forgot to mention that I have a helicopter for those difficult trips. LOL

All the best

Chris Eng

I think some of our contractors think we have a chinook to get materials into and out of site.
Sites getting built in tighter and tighter areas cant even squeeze a lorry in now.

Top Bottom