Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: CISRS Grandfather Rights and Assessed Route of Entry Cards to be Revoked.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Angry CISRS Grandfather Rights and Assessed Route of Entry Cards to be Revoked.

    If you have a NVQ on your card you are safe!

    If you don't then you need to read this. In 2020 CSCS start their smart technology card systems where all the cards will be chipped. CSCS have already stated that they will not accept grandfather rights or AROE cards. They will only issue skills cards for scaffolders with the correct NVQ in place. If you are an older scaff then you need to check your cards with urgency. If you do not act on this immediately you are going to be sold down the river just like the ECITB Scaffs were.
    If you are currently working in management you should also check your cards.


    CISRS have not made any statements about this for the simple fact that they can hide behind the CSCS once this hits the headlines. When the reality is you have paid for your courses and your right to work. CISRS are very worried behind the scenes that this could in fact cost them loads of money, as you have all been miss-sold training courses previously. If you are in the union then i strongly suggest you use there legal teams to challenge this as this what you pay for.

    A recent Scaffolding Industry Magazine has picked up on this and so far it has gone under the radar.

    You Need to ACT NOW..... check out the below links!.... ACT URGENTLY!

    https://accesspoint.org.uk/cscs-to-e...father-rights/

    I contacted Scaffmag about this but because he is sponsored by the NASC and CISRS he didnt want to post anything. Obviously Cashflow must come before the workforce.


    https://www.cscs.uk.com/wp-content/u...ts_2015_v7.pdf

    https://www.constructionhelpline.com...t-a-cscs-card/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,966
    Thanks
    1,038
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Default

    More incorrect nonsense.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    who are posting these things if they are not correct

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,966
    Thanks
    1,038
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outward bound View Post
    who are posting these things if they are not correct
    People like the OP.

    Stating “A recent Scaffolding Industry Magazine has picked up on this and so far it has gone under the radar” is a fairly bold statement, considering it’s been on the CISRS site for ages - https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for...on-withdrawal/

    The CPD will cover the NVQ (or lack of) if you are an AROE card holder.

    Under the radar, my arse.
    Cientos aplicados, seis fue elegido!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'm not out to cause mayhem / panic here Phil and I certainly do not mean it in any way to sound like I am having a go at you because I am not. The CSCS statement is very clear and no where does it state (for cisrs will will accept the 2 day CPD as the alternative). Why are CSCS not stating this?

    I have also taken a look on the CISRS website and I cannot find their statement either so could you post me the link please.

    where is it definitely defined that the CPD is a accredited as a NVQ alternative in british education and could you post the link to it.

    The NVQ is the qualification. The CPD is 2 days of 400 slides smashed at you in 1 day so you only have the mobile tower aspect to undertake and the 50 question test paper on day 2 so your done for dinnertime. I think you will find that the institute for learning only recommends approx 80 slides in a day as the learner will only absorb 1/4 of the information that is issued.

    No Comparison in my opinion so how does this justify and quantify. As you are obviously so more superior and qualified than me could you explain this to me in a idiot proof method. I look forward to your in-depth response on explaining it to me.
    Last edited by Victor Meldrew; 24th April 2019 at 10:07 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,966
    Thanks
    1,038
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    I'm not out to cause mayhem / panic here Phil and I certainly do not mean it in any way to sound like I am having a go at you because I am not. The CSCS statement is very clear and no where does it state (for cisrs will will accept the 2 day CPD as the alternative). Why are CSCS not stating this?

    I have also taken a look on the CISRS website and I cannot find their statement either so could you post me the link please.

    where is it definitely defined that the CPD is a accredited as a NVQ alternative in british education and could you post the link to it.

    The NVQ is the qualification. The CPD is 2 days of 400 slides smashed at you in 1 day so you only have the mobile tower aspect to undertake and the 50 question test paper on day 2 so your done for dinnertime. I think you will find that the institute for learning only recommends approx 80 slides in a day as the learner will only absorb 1/4 of the information that is issued.

    No Comparison in my opinion so how does this justify and quantify. As you are obviously so more superior and qualified than me could you explain this to me in a idiot proof method. I look forward to your in-depth response on explaining it to me.
    Just for the record, Mr Angry, you are not causing either 'mayhem' or 'panic' anywhere, in any world that I live in.

    You are just another bitter-sounding also-ran, who understands nothing about everything and everything about nothing.

    You keep running around looking for attention, like a little girl.

    I'll be in the pub.
    Cientos aplicados, seis fue elegido!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil181 View Post
    Just for the record, Mr Angry, you are not causing either 'mayhem' or 'panic' anywhere, in any world that I live in.

    You are just another bitter-sounding also-ran, who understands nothing about everything and everything about nothing.

    You keep running around looking for attention, like a little girl.

    I'll be in the pub.
    I was really hoping for a proactive response instead of such negativity. Shame you was unable to answer my questions. Enjoy your pint.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,966
    Thanks
    1,038
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    I was really hoping for a proactive response instead of such negativity. Shame you was unable to answer my questions. Enjoy your pint.
    If I wanted sarcasm I would speak to my children.

    Work it out for yourself, you melt.
    Cientos aplicados, seis fue elegido!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,966
    Thanks
    1,038
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Default

    Can we PLEASE have an update on the MAYHEM & PANIC that these revelations from Victor Meldrew have caused.
    Cientos aplicados, seis fue elegido!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Church of the Flying spaghetti monster
    Posts
    4,117
    Thanks
    1,221
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,157 Posts

    Default


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

New To Site? Need Help?