Thread: 3D Scaffold drawings

Thanks

Smile 3D Scaffold drawings

Hi All,

If ye are doing 3D drawings, what software are you using? and any thoughts?
    I'm using Autocad 2D at the moment for drawing and CADs A3D max for design software.

I've had a demo from Tekla and if you have their 3D drawing package and their structural design package you can import the 3D drawing into the design software, design the frame (scaffold) and edit it in the design and export it back to the drawing if necessary.
    Seems good but they don't have scaffold blocks developed yet which would be a deal breaker I'd say! (they say its in the pipeline).
    I've also looked at Avontus. any thoughts on them?

Cheers!
    G. Molloy

Thanks

Hi, we use AutoCAD mainly 2D too but just bought Revit and Robot from Autodesk as part of their AEC suite (you can swap old licences and get a good deal). You can export designs straight into Robot for analysis and back again into Revit or AutoCAD. I've not had time to use them much yet but hoping to shortly. Avontus doesn't have enough scope for complex designs in my opinion, same with CADS smart scaffolder.

Thanks

Thanks Biffo,

I'm doing a trial of Avontus at the moment but I'd definitely need to keep AutoCAD along with Avontus as I don't think it would be a replacement.
    Would you see yourself generating material quantity lists for Clients from Revit?
    It's something we have been asked for and part of the reason I'm exploring 3D modelling/BIM.
    G. Molloy