any instructors on here or anyone know any details (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
after nebosh i fancy getting into instructing, another string in my bow, i beleive i need an adult learning certificate & an A1 assesing course, then shadow for 2 weeks on each course, is this correct?

Scaffolding Instructor Jobs

Orac,

Speak to Safety & Access in Nottingham, they are constantly looking for Instructors. If this is not in your area, still ask them for an informal interview/chat and I'm sure they will sit down with you and explain all the qualifications you need to become an Instructor. Ray Johnson - Managing Director and Elaine Cawley - Training Director who are based at the Notts training facility are both very helpful.

If memory serves, you have to re-attend all 3 courses as a trainee, sit with an Instrcutor through all 3 courses and then teach all 3 courses yourself, whilst under assessment. You will find that if you were to sign up with them, 9 times out of ten they would put you through the NEEBOSH courses and all the relevant industry related courses.

They are not the biggest facility in the country, but they're certainly one of the friendliest and the order books are always full.

Arrange a sit-down with them, I'm sure they'll only be to happy to guide you with your new career path.

Email: safe@safetyaccess.co.uk
Tel: 0115 9794523
Web: Safety&Access: The Access Industry Safety Experts: Home

Wishing you all the very best for the future mate..!!!

Cheers,
Phil.

thanks phil i'll ring them once i've finished my nebosh, nottingham is a bit far for me, over 2hours drive:sick:

Last edited:
just sent an email so we will see what the reply is, thanks a lot:)

Orac,

You're welcome and good luck buddy. Even if you don't try for a job with them, it's worth arranging a sit-down and having a chat about the correct route you have to go down to become a Scaffold Instructor.

As you full well know, this industry is a rumour-mill and there are too many opinions on how to do this 'n that, so it wouldn't hurt to get it directly from the horse's mouth really!

It's certainly a rewarding career path and you will always keep your hand-in the game so to speak.

Cheers,
Phil.

Top Bottom