Sick of getting robbed (1 Viewer)

dean.thomson

Reaction score
Guys I dunno about all of you. But I'm sick of getting shafted by all these courses.... I cant think of another trade as badly paid as us that has to dish out for all these courses.... e.g... brickys become time served... that's them sorted the rest of their days... its horseshit... about time we all did something about this.... scaffolders are a dying trade. **** I got paid off from a 15 year project I was working on because I refused to do site labouring aswel as scaffolding. Baring in mind i was on the job 1.5 years.... then another scaff I know agreed to labour so he got took on and me bumped.... with a new baby to feed.... what the **** has happened to this game

I'm sick of listening to people whine and cry about how hard done by they are......I have been in this game for 30+ years. When I started you did as you where told or the old school lads would make your life hell. Crying about having to complete courses and being underpaid...See what electricians or plumbers have to pay to keep their license current, and how much studying they need to do....The brickie has years of low pay as an apprentice. Scaffolders these days turn up on site and think they should be treated like a god because they have a fecking spanner.....All scaffolders are just laboures as our job is manual handling, so what if you was asked to do a bit of ground work......were they going to cut your salary and pay you a COTS rate?

I grew up in a world where you had to work for a living and I never expected anything to be given to me for free......If you think refusing to do a bit of laboring is worth losing your job over..........??? I would do a bit of laboring if needed and I'm the manager

So you would do a said labourer out of a job???
Or look at it this way helping labour and do your back in lifting something you should not be lifting? Pretty sure my insurance wouldnt cover me here.... or perhaps you would prefer taking orders from the site labourer. Who necks teaspoons of speed at break times? You dont think I've worked for a living... I could count my days off in 15 years on fingers and toes. I've a family to provide for.
Ofcourse your the manager.... with an attitude like yours no wonder this game has turned to ****... yes boss.... I'll suck your baws as long as I get to keep my job.... by the way I saw that scaffolder smoking on site so can you pay him off instead of me 😱.... dont you just love the scaffolding game....

So you would do a said labourer out of a job???
Or look at it this way helping labour and do your back in lifting something you should not be lifting? Pretty sure my insurance wouldnt cover me here.... or perhaps you would prefer taking orders from the site labourer. Who necks teaspoons of speed at break times? You dont think I've worked for a living... I could count my days off in 15 years on fingers and toes. I've a family to provide for.
Ofcourse your the manager.... with an attitude like yours no wonder this game has turned to ****... yes boss.... I'll suck your baws as long as I get to keep my job.... by the way I saw that scaffolder smoking on site so can you pay him off instead of me ��.... dont you just love the scaffolding game....

Er, I am pretty sure your (ex) employers insurance, would!

Either way, I agree with Geoff.

You sound like a tiresome individual who thinks the world owes him a living.

You wouldn't catch any other trade site labouring. Why should scaffs ?

Just having a discussion.... obviously we disagree... you keep saying yes sir and f****** this game more than it already is. People like you...... I dont know. Too many of you, dont forget your wellies when your jumping down that hole with your shovel super scaff lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Now now fellas, let's keep it civilised... any posts with foul or abusive language will be removed.

how times change i scaffolded for 45 year mostly on pricework,now most of the work is day rate,this is what scaffs pushed for,so now your getting the ****, load and unload and drive the wagons and labouring

Just having a discussion.... obviously we disagree... you keep saying yes sir and f****** this game more than it already is. People like you...... I dont know. Too many of you, dont forget your wellies when your jumping down that hole with your shovel super scaff lol

Yeah, a 'super scaff' who works for a living, and who provides for his children.

I know who I'd rather be.

Work hard, money will follow.

Part 1 / Part 2 or Advanced.. Oil Rigs to general street works you never stop labouring, its our 'role', don't become a lazy lean on the hand rail kind of guy who demands gear.. run your team how you should/would work.

Building nice tidy builds and having a good reputation is better than any company wage, in my eyes.

Ahhh...So THIS is why it is mission to get a labouring job with a scaffolding firm. Lol! They get the parts 2 and advanced card holders to labour and put a scaffold up. Well, how the F*ck are we supposed to get experience? I'm genuinely curious, you do realize that as the population ages and the older scaffs get old there will be no one qualified to replace the parts 2 and advanced card holders as everyone expected them to labour AND put up a scaffold (which cut out the trainees) . Now i'm not saying that those who're better qualified in the game should not be getting their hands gritty as well, but come on man, lol.

Honestly i see adverts for cots labourers who need 6 months experience, when the cisrs company suggests that a scaff should be almost partially qualified (part 1) by then. Then I hear other people say that labourers should be working in a yard for 5 years before they even touch tools! LOOL! People can get a phd in a subject in that amount of time. Honestly wtf is even going on...

Out of curiosity...are these complicated barriers to entry partly one of the reasons why contract work advertises as paying so much per hour?(17£-20£ range). Or are those wages deceptive?

Last edited:
Ahhh...So THIS is why it is mission to get a labouring job with a scaffolding firm. Lol! They get the parts 2 and advanced card holders to labour and put a scaffold up. Well, how the F*ck are we supposed to get experience? I'm genuinely curious, you do realize that as the population ages and the older scaffs get old there will be no one qualified to replace the parts 2 and advanced card holders as everyone expected them to labour AND put up a scaffold (which cut out the trainees) . Now i'm not saying that those who're better qualified in the game should not be getting their hands gritty as well, but come on man, lol.

Honestly i see adverts for cots labourers who need 6 months experience, when the cisrs company suggests that a scaff should be almost partially qualified (part 1) by then. Then I hear other people say that labourers should be working in a yard for 5 years before they even touch tools! LOOL! People can get a phd in a subject in that amount of time. Honestly wtf is even going on...

Out of curiosity...are these complicated barriers to entry partly one of the reasons why contract work advertises as paying so much per hour?(17£-20£ range). Or are those wages deceptive?

I literally lost interest at “THIS”.

Not exactly known for the ‘glass ceiling’ and barriers of entry, scaffolding. Not judging by the calibre of half the c@nts I come across anyway.

I dont know why the youngsters complain so much.
Only the other day I left my air conditioned office to have a walk round the project just to stretch my legs.
I saw two doubles lying on the ground and did I just walk past? No. Did I summon one of the 180 scaffolders to come and pick them up? No.
In fact i picked them up and put them in a nearby fitting bin.
Once a grafter always a grafter.

Top Bottom