Thread: 7 day inspections

Thanks

Default 7 day inspections

Can someone please tell me why a health and safety person has said Im not qualified to inspect a scaffold I have put up, Im a part 2 scaffolder he says but dont have the inspection qualifications!!
    my erections are always solid!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 874 Posts

As long as it’s a basic scaffolding, you’re qualified. For an unbiased and impartial inspection though, best not inspect your own job.

Thanks

CISRS document CAP 609 is fairly clear but because there are now separate basic and advanced inspection cards available which changes things a bit, the casual Health & Safety person probably hasn't bothered to look up chapter and verse. It may be worth pointing him at the CAP609 extract which follows:

The stance of both the NASC and CISRS is that CISRS Scaffolders and Advanced
    card holders are competent to inspect scaffold structures up to the grade of the
    card they hold, provided their employer can demonstrate they have the necessary
    knowledge and experience. This will remain for the foreseeable future. CISRS
    Scaffolder Part 2 and Advanced courses being introduced in 2016/17 will include
    formal elements of Scaffold Inspection. CISRS cards that are issued subsequent
    to these courses will be endorsed with this training. Accordingly CISRS Scaffolder
    cards will be endorsed with Basic SITS and CISRS Advanced Scaffolder Cards will
    be endorsed with Advanced SITS. Scaffolders holding an endorsed card will not be
    required to hold a separate Inspection Card.

Thanks

Cheers lads, I did think I could inspect it, it is only an 8 access tower 2lifts into a confined space manhole!