Calling it a day. (1 Viewer)

john the manc

Reaction score
After 40 years on the tools I have finally decided to hang them up. You might think at the age of 57 these days its a bit premature to retire from the game, but after suffering from a crippling accident 15 years ago which was almost fatal, together with the injuries caused thats finally caught up with me I know my limits. The final nail in the coffin was that I am currently working on a local site in Wales as a general operative just keeping the site tidy when I was offered a job as a chargehand scaffolder that actually paid less than what I am getting sweeping floors! I know you go where the money is but in time you get pi$$ed of with chasing the big bucks all the time. Ive still got 3 years left on my card but in previous postings I refuse to go back to school and pay the fat ar$es in NASC 450+ quid their wages for the course.
I WILL NOT BE RENEWING IT. Best of luck to all that still post on here and are still pulling their tripe out to etch a living in the hardest game in the trade. KEEP TWIRLING!
JOHN.

Had you thought of maybe contacting a few training companies, there's a shortage of trainers and it would be a shame to lose all your years of experience

I ve toyed with the idea but if I were ever to stay involved with scaffolding I would have probably gone down the line of health and safety, most probably NEBOSH, but that also costs money. Ill ponder over the next few weeks on what I am doing but i definitely wont be back on the spanner mate.

After 40 years on the tools I have finally decided to hang them up. You might think at the age of 57 these days its a bit premature to retire from the game, but after suffering from a crippling accident 15 years ago which was almost fatal, together with the injuries caused thats finally caught up with me I know my limits. The final nail in the coffin was that I am currently working on a local site in Wales as a general operative just keeping the site tidy when I was offered a job as a chargehand scaffolder that actually paid less than what I am getting sweeping floors! I know you go where the money is but in time you get pi$$ed of with chasing the big bucks all the time. Ive still got 3 years left on my card but in previous postings I refuse to go back to school and pay the fat ar$es in NASC 450+ quid their wages for the course.
I WILL NOT BE RENEWING IT. Best of luck to all that still post on here and are still pulling their tripe out to etch a living in the hardest game in the trade. KEEP TWIRLING!
JOHN.

You won’t be missed.

Good luck to you John.

I'm sure you will keep your hand in somewhere. This weird trade we joined has a way of drawing you back, like the sirens of legend. If you can afford to retire then I wish you all the best and despite others comment's, enjoy your life going forward.

I ve toyed with the idea but if I were ever to stay involved with scaffolding I would have probably gone down the line of health and safety, most probably NEBOSH, but that also costs money. Ill ponder over the next few weeks on what I am doing but i definitely wont be back on the spanner mate.

shame your leaving the game John, if your interested in health a safety NEBOSH is not the only route, look at NCRQ very easy way of learning

Good luck to you John.

I'm sure you will keep your hand in somewhere. This weird trade we joined has a way of drawing you back, like the sirens of legend. If you can afford to retire then I wish you all the best and despite others comment's, enjoy your life going forward.

Cheers mate. Wouldnt worry too much on the Nutkins post. Been a while since he last used that name on here.:rolleyes:

The old equalizer guy and Russell Hunter lol never knew this show existed

I missed out in Callan, I grew up in the eighties I watched a bit of it on YouTube seemed like a good show Edward was a good actor too

John all the best for the Future whatever path you decide to take.
Don't be STRANGER on here you will always be welcome

Top Bottom