Do you need to renew card to start on your own ? (1 Viewer)

Yes, you do and it costs £500.

Ok thanks, wasnt too sure on this, basically i have been out of the game for a few years and my card has expired. Friend of mine has a small yard and some gear been sat for a while and asked if i fancy starting something up, tempted to get back in the game but just found out there is now a cpd course to renew card, just wondered if you needed to do this in order to operate on your own

Ok thanks, wasnt too sure on this, basically i have been out of the game for a few years and my card has expired. Friend of mine has a small yard and some gear been sat for a while and asked if i fancy starting something up, tempted to get back in the game but just found out there is now a cpd course to renew card, just wondered if you needed to do this in order to operate on your own

To operate on your own you need a CISRS advanced , CISRS scaffolding supervisor card, CISRS advanced inspection card and a FULL fit for work medical. You are probably looking at about £15,000.

No You Dont , You Dont Even Need A Card To Set Up A Scaffold Business, As Long As You Employ Scaffolders

i wont mention any names but there is a firm in our yard and the govenor only has a generel site operatives ticket as Ger says as long as the lads have tickets

i wont mention any names but there is a firm in our yard and the govenor only has a generel site operatives ticket as Ger says as long as the lads have tickets

Thanks Chaps, Yeah i get the bit about employing scaffs and obvious they need valid tickets, but if i wanted to pick up a spanner myself then i guess i would also need to CPD even if its my own firm ? I did not expect to come back into the game to be honest but what i have been offered is tempting. To get it up and running though would mean myself being back on the tools.

The fact is, you don’t need a CISRS card. They’re just a trade organisation’s, industry standard proof of competency. You’d be doing well getting onto any site to work without one these days though.

Top Bottom