Van thiel (1 Viewer)

Jase222

Reaction score
Over the last couple of months I bought a bit of the van thiel kit just to see how the lads got on with it, and to be fair they like it a lot but I've been hunting high and low for 3 board transoms, so do they exist?

Any help

Over the last couple of months I bought a bit of the van thiel kit just to see how the lads got on with it, and to be fair they like it a lot but I've been hunting high and low for 3 board transoms, so do they exist?

Any help

If you are talking about three inside boards yes they are available, if you cannot get from VT try Trade Magic they may be able to help
If you are looking for three boards between the standards I have never seen them but VT may make them for you if you need enough.

Either way talk to Steve Whatley @ VT 07920060641

Hi thanks for the number, I have this morning been on phone to vt in Holland only to be told no they don't make 3board transoms only 4/5 board so back to tube and fittings!

Tried everywhere but no success seems a flaw in vt, vt suggested getting some cut down so waiting for a call back from a company who do this
It ain't often I need 3boards so will get 50done and see how it goes
At mo I've got 2gangs and the speed of vt outways t+f and in fairness once they got there heads round it they prefer it

How much is it for a 13ft tube lock? I’m thinking of investing in the tube lock.

I had a job lot of fittings and used my existing tube and they charged 34p per foot to clean cut and insert pivot, it's a fine balance speed of fitting versus cost to be honest I its good stuff on average seems about 30%more than tube and fittings

Thanks for that. I’ve already got a significant amount of dog bones and thought the tube lock would compliment them well.

Tbf I've worked on loads of firms who use readylok arms if their using van thiel extendable transoms ( I say van thiel as he was the creator of extendable transoms) but yeah lots of firms think they should be used together, and as for the 3 board extended transoms can't happen because of the extended bit won't bear the loads properly even with 2 inside boards,so I was told by a boss whose also a designer and was one of the first in the UK to use van thiel, even Mr van thiel himself payed for my boss and supervisor to fly over to Holland and meet him and then was taken around a few van thiel sites as he's actually a working company over there, to see how his system works etc,and the only size tube van thiel uses with his tubelok are 13ft,8ft and 5ft and of course his extendable transoms no other size tube he says we don't do that spaghetti scaffolding with all different size tube,you can accomplish it with 13s,8s 5s because as you know you ain't got to stagger joints with his tubelok,anyways my boss asked about smaller extended transoms and his reply was about the weight, on the end of the smaller extended transom

Van thiel handy worked with,no nonsense used it a week ago cuts out the sleeves

Can you use a sleeve on the socket end of a van thiel tube if you need to?

Top Bottom