River design (1 Viewer)

pride2iceman

Reaction score
Good afternoon gents!

Is there any guidance for scaffold design to rivers, especially River Thames?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Morning pride2iceman

there is some guidance offered in BS5975 if you need anything more involved BS6349 gives more detail

rather depends where on the Thames your planning on working.

good luck

Steve

It is only a basic 2 lifts Independent for brickwall; at the moment is dry, however it is tidal; What would be the best way to secure the sole boards, from being washed away, apart from sand bags?
Wall Pic.jpg

i would suggest you build it as a hanger or a bolt on to the existing wall.

you need to consider what is known as 'scour' that is where the ground is washed out from under the foundations (sole boards)

Best speak to your preferred engineer as this is clearly in the tidal stretch, washed away boards and impact by floating debris needs thinking about as well.

ihavedone 2 scaffolds in Thames in my days , first one we used 13 foot sole boards and dug them in to the silt it worked fine ,
2nd one they insisted we use standard sole boards and no digging was fun when the tide came in watching the sole boards pop to the surfice one by one.

on a more seroius note them tides are very strong and will be on you before you know it , you gotta have strict time frames that the lads must stick to ,
oh and when you strike it i wil bet you a pound to a penny you find condoms as well as all sorts of nice things wrapped around the legs :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom