Go nylon or stick to leather? (1 Viewer)

d1ddy

Reaction score
My belt is hanging from a thread so it’s time to put it to rest. I’ve been looking into the “new” nylon belts and was wondering what the general opinion of them are? I like the look of them but the plastic clip fasteners are a bit of a worry.. and they look a lot fatter the the traditional “old skool” leather ones we’ve been using for donkeys years.. dose this mean that older leather frogs aren’t compatible ? (My frogs are also completely knackered). Some are double the cost of others. I know you normally get what you pay for but is it really worth it? Basically shall I go nylon or stick to leather.? Thanks✌️

Last edited:
we used to make our own belts and frogs out of leather from textile mills ,the leather drive belting from the machines,but no more mills around now

we used to use the leather hinges from telephone boxes for frogs ,

i preferre leather belts and frogs

Hi All,

We stock a range of Scaffolding tool belts from our exclusivve Connell of Sheffield range! Our scaffold belts are made in the UK, with a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects or faulty materials. Our leather scaffold tool belts are made from thick UK-tanned leather. Our ballistic nylon & woven polyester scaffolding belts offer the ultimate in comfort & durability. Superb range of scaffolding tools and belts!

The ballistic nylon scaffold tool belt is ideal if you find your leather tool belt too bulky and heavy when working at height. The ballistic nylon scaffolders belt is lightweight, comfortable and durable. Our scaffold tool belts are made in the UK by Connell of Sheffield from quality ballistic nylon and are guaranteed against manufacturing defects. With lanyard clips for attaching your tool safety lanyard.

Take a look at the range below :) :

http://bit.ly/2sFtRCY

Best bet is going to a saddler and getting one hand made from real good quality leather but itl be more expensive than what guys will be used to be paying.

Top Bottom