Handing over certificate returns? (1 Viewer)

big john

Reaction score
Ello you lot,
I’m emailing handing over certs to clients who I don’t see on the jobs I’m erecting,
Hardly anyone is printing them out , signing and returning.
Where do I stand on this?
is it that I’m doing my bit so it doesn’t matter as long as I can prove I’ve emailled them?
My public liability insurance states that I need to do handing over certs or its void.
Cheers for any help in advance
John

I think a lot of clients don't want to sign and return as they think if anything goes wrong its then down to you, Just issue the handover certifying all is well at that time of inspection (photo's/video on your phone are a good back up to have), but it is the USERS responsibility to check the scaffold prior to working
Simian did a video of the handover process https://youtu.be/hMmoPFKnVqo

My handover certificate procedure is to create on once the scaffold is finished, from my point of view it lets the client know that the scaffold is now officially ready for use from our end. It then up to the client to do his inspection before use and update the scaff tag accordingly.

evening John ,
slightly different i know but i make a site team member walk the sacffold with me before i issue and then make them sign before i ssue , anything thye nt happy with i rectife and make them walk again

Top Bottom