New Site (1 Viewer)

Luce2120

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been running my business for a good few years now and have done fine doing domestic properties, extensions, re-roofing etc for local builders and public. I have never looked at site work but have recently been asked to provide a quote for a new site of approximately 150 houses.

My question is where do I start? I don't think my one page quotes that I send out to people at the moment are going to cut it.

Does anyone have any info on what to include and how to go about pricing site work for a large construction company?

Thanks in advance

The first thing you will need to consider is the amount of materials/labour/transport you will have to resource and the finance to cover the periods until you get paid, its very easy to catch a cold on these jobs and you will only learn from your bad experiences, one error will be multiplied x 150 houses so even a small one will be costly, and don't ever do no extra hire!, these bigger companies will also insist on all sorts of crap, so read the enquiry carefully and price accordingly
you will need to condense your tender into readable form, send in a 150 page tender and it won't even be read, straight in the bin for you!
table the price on a schedule
Plot No - External scaffold - Internal scaffold - load bay - etc. etc. - Hire period -- total -- weekly extra hire rate

good luck

Top Bottom