Vinci Taylor Woodrow (1 Viewer)

TG6

Reaction score
I heard that they will not accept Readylock designs in accordance with TG20 unless a 3D frame analysis has been done for them and also insist that you can't use any factor other than 1 for c prob when working out wind loads.

Is this true and are any other contractors doing similar things?

First I've heard of that and the Cprob factor. Some Willmott Dixon sites aren't allowing the eyebolts and plugs to be used as ties, though.

Hearing that makes me wonder if they've had a scaffold collapse.

The 'explanation' about c prob is third hand to me but was apparently "it's been very windy recently"

If individual companies (& even sites) are going to start putting more onerous requirements in, for whatever reason, than the standards require it makes me ask why we waste time & money having standards. If followed to the letter, the current standards are already much stricter than they used to be so adding layer upon layer of personal requirements makes no sense at all to me.

How do you make your scaffold 100% safe was a question I had a while back - When I told the guy that not building it would get close to 100%, he thought that I was taking the proverbial!

I'm sure its just more of an Arse-covering exercise for both points.

But like you say TG6, does make you wonder why we bother working to the standards in the first place if everyone is going to have different requirements. Going to have to keep a notebook for each client at this rate.

Yep, I have a little black book with the names of main contractor's temporary works engineers in it which I used when I needed to decide whether I was going to bother doing a job or leave it to someone with more patience than me.

Yep, I have a little black book with the names of main contractor's temporary works engineers in it which I used when I needed to decide whether I was going to bother doing a job or leave it to someone with more patience than me.

I have a little book like that but the worst offenders names have been committed to memory.

Top Bottom