Man hours (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
If I have 500 cubic meter..and one person completes o.7 cubic meter per hour...would you divide the o.7 into 500 or would you multiply the 0.7 into the 500 to get the man hours

If you have 500 m3 and a man erects 1 m3 per hour it is going to take 500 hours. So 714 hours at 0.7 m3 per hour.

Interestingly enough the KPI or norm here in Malaysia is 15m3 per day erect or 30m3 a day dismantle so 1.5m3 per hour erect and 3 m3 per hour dismantle as based on a 10 hour day here.

And these are lazy ******** so get your man to pull his finger out.

**** all that nonsense , if you can't knock up 8 square a day per man then your down the road ��

8 square a day per man! your avin a giraffe, when I was a lad we were made to knock up 16 square before dinner. If that wern't done the charge-and would whip yer silly with is belt and make yer do it again for free. Tell that to the kids of today and they wouldn't believe yer

FYI. 1 imperial scaffold square equates to 10' x 10' (3m x 3m) of building face. in literal terms 1 imperial square is equal to 20' (6m) lift run of brickies lift.

8 square a day per man! your avin a giraffe, when I was a lad we were made to knock up 16 square before dinner. If that wern't done the charge-and would whip yer silly with is belt and make yer do it again for free. Tell that to the kids of today and they wouldn't believe yer

When you were a lad Doug they never had PPE, boarded lifts or guard rail, never needed a stair tower to get up the leg either!!!
That said they never had electric either :)

Exactly Al.

Do you remember when the wearing of steel toe cap boots and hard hats became mandatory, no one wanted it but we all got into the habit. As time has passed we are seeing a healthier working environment. Looking back to my first day in the late 1960's I turned up in jeans, tee shirt and old fashioned baseball shoes - just one of the workers. Yesterday I went on site with decent safety footwear, Hi-vis, gloves, safety glasses, and hard hat. (no harness as it is not required for me). We have made the building site a lot safer for the working man but there are still areas to improve.

I still find your remark about electricity shocking.

Top Bottom