Layher Birdcage (1 Viewer)

biffo0911

Reaction score
To any Layher users; Whats the easiest/best way to achieve a flush top boarded platform on a Layher birdcage? Other systems have ways of doing this but as far as I can see, Layher don't. Obviously i could build the top lift in Tube and Fittings but using Layher components I can't see a way where you're not going to have either the spigot, top section of standard above the rosette or the wedges sticking through the top level of boards and causing a trip hazard. Even using the rosette coupler at the very top of a spigotless standard is going to leave the wedge above the boards.

Just use a spigotless standard, they usually have a spigot with two bolts remove the bolts spigot pops out

Yes but that still leaves the stub at the top of the standard above the top rosette (80mm roughly) protruding through the decks doesn't it?

What about open ended standards, drop a starting color on upside down and bingo off you go..........

As dingle says flip collar around and it eliminates the protrusion
Works with spirited standards but they stick through very slightly so best with open ended standards
Layher have just brought a new part out to enable flush decking
Use the collar reversed

Basically Layher don't condone mixing system with tube and fitting
There is always a way round it if you use t#f but sadly as your never going to get rid of two inch tube

There is a component called a profile that fits on to the u transom and raises the decks above the top of the standards. If you drop the o ledger to the rosette 500 below and change one of the main decks to a skinny deck, you can span the gap where the ledger would have been with a normal deck creating a flat platform with no gaps.

Cheers Baxter, i did get some info on that component from Layher - looks like it will do the job.

Top Bottom