white finger (3 Viewers)

hot tools

Reaction score
hi guys....has anyone ever had white finger caused by scaffolding. and have anyone ever claimed /won a award for white finger only by scaffolding related cause not by mining??????
also how many scaffs have got a thing called vikings decease its a lumping of hard skin/fatty lumps that you get in the palm of your hand the reason iam asking iam a foreman scaffolder over 45 years exp iam i the only one with this complaint open to all for reply?????

never heard of any scaffs with white finger due to scaffolding I believe that with the use of impact wrenches there may well be some in the future
As for the Vikings disease is that not more of a genetic condition,which is widely found in people of Scandinavian origin.

never heard of viking hand ,
white finger comes only 2 things hand vibration and having a dip in someone elses wrap

i cant ever see IW causing a problem with vibration as you dont spend enough time on them constantly , like say a jack hammer .

deafnesson the other hand
may well become a problem with IW in the future

never heard of viking hand ,
white finger comes only 2 things hand vibration and having a dip in someone elses wrap

i cant ever see IW causing a problem with vibration as you dont spend enough time on them constantly , like say a jack hammer .

deafnesson the other hand
may well become a problem with IW in the future
EH?

I’d rather get white finger and go deaf than go back to a spanner......

They reckon the next big claim is gonnae be HPE (handrail polishers elbow) The symptoms ate a a 2" groove which can stretch from the palms through the wrist right up the forearm and having some real damage on the elbows. Its also been called the standby mans disease.
Although not it can clear up on Shutdowns and OffShore sectors it can become more troublesome and some times even septic a bit like bedsores.
Its almost like a drug as the symptoms also cause the poor sole to scream and call for a meeting as he is being taken away from the area for his own good

And I thought it would be HCC - Harness Chafer's Crotch.

Don't go there mate, I'm currently being sued or having a claim against me for this little weasel I employed last year who is claiming that is knee is hurting and he has not been able to work since i got shot of him, the fact that he was incapable of doing a full weeks work pretty much every week due to tummy ache, head ache, migrain, mum/sister/brother/insert relative at hospital etc. Funny thing is he made no entry into the accident book and was walking fine as I marched him out of the door when I let him go. Oh and he has another claim that I forced him to carry 25kg of scaffolding plant and his shoulder hurts. I'm not making this up.

i was always tought it was 3ib to the foot so roughly 69lb for a 21
feck nows what that equates to in KG or metric i dont have the APP :nuts:

Now lets do the maths. A 1Kg bag of sugar is 2.2 Lbs. So 21' of tube x 3Lbs = 63Lbs. therefore 63lbs/2.2lbs = 28.6Kg (bags of sugar).

I'm off for a cuppa - anyone got any milk?

Worked this out a while back. To hit the upper limit value with a gun,a scaff would need to tighten/loosen 5000 fittings front and back in a day. If you know anyone can do that,send him my way,I’ll gladly pay the claim for a scaff that can do that many fittings a day.

Top Bottom