The most difficult question (1 Viewer)

Q.Silver

Reaction score
If someone aught to make a swith from scaffolding to scaffold design what would be considered a good salary? And what can it raise to once you get good amount of experience?

Starting out (training) you could be looking at 18k - 20k a year mark but most wages are going to depend on what part of the country you're in. Once fully trained and with a decent amount of experience, it's not unreasonable to jump to the 50k - 60k mark. Some companies may insist on Chartered status for this, tho. Start your own practise and you can be earning as much as you're willing to work for.

Caveat:-

Figures are guesstimates only, your mileage may vary.

Thanks. I couldn't find that info anywhere on google, very helpful. Double thanks.

I'd say £50-60k is absolute top end for someone who really is good and can manage and develop a team. There has been a big dumbing down in the industry with Cads & TG20 software so last couple of years has seen a rush of new "designers" coming in.

Looking back on it, I should have said the £35k - £40k mark for an experienced team member. £60k should be getting a (competent) regional manager/director.

IDH said:
There has been a big dumbing down in the industry with Cads & TG20 software so last couple of years has seen a rush of new "designers" coming in.

I'm not a fan of CADS but I actively compliance sheets.

Top Bottom