manual handling (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
Good day to all,

this question might bring a mix of different opinions but how much in weight is it recommended for a scaffolder to lift during one day, we all know the recommendation is 25KG or what some one is able to lift but we all know the body takes a battering through the day from manual handling of scaffolding materials I`ve experience of that 1st hand.
Repetitive strain on rope and wheel what is risk assessment on this subject x the weight doing a study and wanted to know if anyone has info on these matters

thanks guys

OW

i thnk it would be hard to risk asses OW as there are to many variables , as 48 says we are all different

yep i agree but since everything is a little over the top these days, does common sense stand in a court of law - of course I`m talking way out of the box and thought i would just throw the question out, as we all know scaffolding is 100% manual handling...wear and tear on the body etc over the years. totally everyones body is different so how can you accurately risk assess for the activity.

I only spent only 4 years working on site - late 60's early 70's but the damage started to my joints in that time has now come home to roost.

How can you risk assess the trade? as the action of just handling materials of weight over time will wear down any cartilage covered joint enough to cause osteo-arthritis to some degree in later life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom