scaffs bombing (1 Viewer)

bazzaffc

Reaction score
does anyone have a toolbox talk regarding the dangers and consequences of bombing, cheers

As it's illegal I think you just gotta tell the lads of the dangers to people and damage to property ,and that they will pay for any damage and anyone caught will be instantly dismissed .
Put it in writing and make them sign to say they agree and will abide by company policy, and you need to stick to it if you catch anyone as HSE will prosecute the company as well as the individual, which may affect insurance and future contracts ,
I would turn up for a few hours if you have the lads striking a job you think they may be tempted to bomb and stay there until it's at a level they don't need to bomb , lets them know you got your eye on the ball :blink1:

I don't know how well known this is but one big danger is the potential for unseen damage to boards (or any piece of timber) that is dropped end on from a height onto a hard surface. It sets up a shock wave inside the timber which can pull the timber apart with an almost straight break across it. If it doesn't actually break into two pieces and is not roughly handled, it is not always easy to see with the result that the board can be used again and will snap cleanly the next time it is loaded. You wouldn't want to be the person standing on a board like that.

is it illegal if you bomb ono an old mattress that you found in a back court ?

There's probably some law against it if someone is sleeping on it.

Guilty As Charged M,Lud Every One Of Us Of A Certain Age Has Bombed Steel (And Boards ) Total Sacking Offence Nowadays But So Is Not Wearing A Harness

Top Bottom