Training scaffolders Through SCCR (1 Viewer)

Joe90

Reaction score
:nuts:What about training lads up through the scaffs forum,Only need a yard and a video to record things.Theres plenty of experiance on here could be a money spinner ;)

Joe

Interesting scenario, however, mate. Steve Gregory will be on soon, and then he will identify to you, one of the reasons SCCR was formed. The NASC/CISRS want to hold all the 'purse strings' and only recognise their 'Approved listed Instructors'.

Regards
Paddy H&S Development Secretary SCCR

Paddy,
Could you please clear something up for me, can a scaffolder Tag his own job?.
Regards,

Alan

thats where that word competent person springs up again

Alan

A competent person must carry out general access scaffolding inspections. Written proof of the competence of persons used to inspect scaffolding should always be obtained by the person responsible for the scaffolding and inspection work. A written report must be prepared by the competent person. The report should be written out at the time of the inspection but if this is not possible it must be provided to the responsible person within 24 hours. A copy of the report should be kept on site and a further copy be retained for a period of three months from the completion of the work with the person on whose behalf the inspection was carried out. If a scaffold fails inspection this must be reported by the person carrying out the inspection, to the person responsible for the scaffolding, as soon as possible.

So yes you can mate, if you are deemed 'Competent':eek: afterall you only put the fecker up;)

Hope that helps mate.

Regards
Paddy

Yeh, its that grey area, but I think if your tagging a scaff to the level of your card your ok, if not, well its ok until something goes wrong.

Hi joe

The SCCR is looking into this as we speak and yes it is a route which we are wanting to take. But to make this happen we need members , the bigger the force the better the outcome.

We at the sccr believe we can deliver a better training course's and we believe in onsite assessment not just a training centre for 2 weeks for each course.

Your training is our future....

Joe

AS Steve has said, " yes this is a route which we are wanting to take ". HOWEVER, this will only come to fruition with the Support of SCCR Members, therefore, JOIN SCCR NOW...

Garry...

do you no answer yer pms Garry or is your computer the same as yer phone ie CLOCKWORK

Daftscaff

Apoligies Old Bean---just poped out for an early Lunchion---you have e-mail PAAAL.

Fae yer PAAAl in the North :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

To all in Sundry in General and Forum Members in Particular.

What Subjects Topics would YOU include within a Scaffold Academy Curriculum ?

Garry...SCCR Promotional and New Technologies Sec.

weights and measures.and showing people how to measure the height of buildings with tangents.

One of my old gaffers asked me how I work out the lifts on a job , I looked at him strangely cause I thought he was taking the mick ."I walk across the road and take a tangent then work out the lifts why what do you usually do" . He said " we usually build a tower to workout the lifts ". I **** you not and this guy is a millionair , jesus !!!

Scaffarobbo

Do you think there is a place for Bolt-on Offshore Scaffold Training ???

Garry...

How to Calculate a Tangent

The tangent is one of the three basic trigonometric functions, the other two being sine and cosine. These functions are essential to the study of triangles and relate the angles of the triangle to its sides. The simplest definition of the tangent uses the ratios of the sides of a right triangle, and modern methods express this function as the sum of an infinite series. Tangents can be calculated directly when the lengths of the sides of the right triangle are known and can also be derived from other trigonometric functions.

Identify and label the parts of a right triangle. The right angle will be at vertex C, and the side opposite it will be the hypotenuse h. The angle θ will be at vertex A, and the remaining vertex will be B. The side adjacent to angle θ will be side b and the side opposite angle θ will be side a. The two sides of a triangle that are not the hypotenuse are known as the legs of the triangle.

Define the tangent. The tangent of an angle is defined as the ratio of the length of the side opposite the angle to the length of the side adjacent to the angle. In the case of the triangle in Step 1, tan θ = a/b.

Determine the tangent for a simple right triangle. For example, the legs of an isosceles right triangle are equal, so a/b = tan θ = 1. The angles are also equal so θ = 45 degrees. Therefore, tan 45 degrees = 1.

Derive the tangent from the other trigonometric functions. Since sine θ = a/h and cosine θ = b/h, then sine θ / cosine θ = (a/h) / (b/h) = a/b = tan θ. Therefore, tan θ = sine θ / cosine θ.

Calculate the tangent for any angle and desired accuracy:

sin x = x - x^3/3! + x^5/5! - x^7/7! + ...
cosine x = 1 - x^2/2! + x^4/4! - x^6/6! + ...
So tan x = (x - x^3/3! + x^5/5! - x^7/7! + ...) / (1 - x^2/2! + x^4/4! - x^6/6! + ...)

WTF :eek::eek::eek:PMSFL:D

Hahahahahahahaha .love it .... quite an easy maths trick really.....PMSL....

steve ... u will be pleased to know i met up with ragscaff yesterday in shoreham and some good ideas were discussed

Top Bottom