Impact Wrenchs (3 Viewers)

psk5285

Reaction score
Could someone guide us if this wrench is any good?
Thinking of making the move across
Makita BTW251RFE 18v 1/2in LXT Impact Wrench 2 x 3.0Ah Li-ion Batteries.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone guide us if this wrench is any good?
Thinking of making the move across
Makita BTW251RFE 18v 1/2in LXT Impact Wrench 2 x 3.0Ah Li-ion Batteries.

Many thanks

That's a very popular wrench ;)

Although that wrench is ok & we still use a few of them, its not being made anymore & has been superceeded by the new model DTW 281Z which according to the makita website is fit for scaffolding applications & the new brake system on it helps to stop u taking the nuts off tbh really ggod value for money & very reliable

Sorry Folks I Must Be Still In The Dark Ages ,I Only Bought A Ratchet About A Year Ago

Hilti SIW-22a warranty is best thing about it batteries also covered but not producing 3.ampers anymore only the 5.2 which are 100 a pop but is best in my opinion, makita is also very good I would happily use either makita better for size as slightly smaller but preferential to hilti- don't tell hilti you are a scaffolder as voids warranty is a fact

Thanks for your help.

Ffs phil was it that long ago m8 - hope ur not still using the drill i gave u back then pml

Which is the bast impact wrench to and batteries before i buy one lads just getting with the times I have been looking at the Makita ones brushless do And also looking at hilts brushless but not shower which one to get any help would be great

baz my friend as had a few and i never used one but he had the metabolt one said it was the best one he had then i went and bought the new makita dtw285z one he used it and went and bought one plus it says suitable for scaffolding has one year warranty but if you register it online you get 3 year ( hilti dont make one that they say is suitable for scaffolding so if found out warranty would be void) (avoid leeches when buying one as they are a rip off can get it £200 cheaper online :)

Sorry to jump on bandwagon so late lads but got to throw my penny's worth in I learnt to fix back in late 70s I am not against drills I am all for anything that makes life easier for scaffolders but the dinosaur that taught me to fix recently retired 3 years ago at the age of 70 with lung cancer up until then he never missed a day and never used a drill I unfortunately started in the game at the age of 13 in yard cutting and banding boards servicing fittings and looking busy all the time to impress boss just to have a job anyway my point I was taught to put a double on correctly you half tighten the back so you can knock fitting either way to place ledger in tighten up front not too tight then double pulls square then tighten back of double up and it fits perfect I suppose I am a dinosaur now 37 years in game but still going strong with no probs only tinnitus and copd from steelworks none the less I can still more than hold my own with any scaff only problem I have found with drillers is noise and fittings threads wearing nuts missing and like the miners what does the future hold for the firms that allow use of drills personally until they can come out with an all singing and dancing scaffolding drill I would be weary scaffolding is a tough old game and used to be for tough guys ex army ex cons etc they were the only ones who would do it no harness single handrail no toe board no spirit level just 1/2 inch and 7/16 spanner length of roofing batten and stick of chalk pair of trainers and vest harnesses were a leather belt with a rope tied to it lol I am all for h/s and improving the game and have been 1st hand witness to the changes over the years and all for the best in my opinion so open minded as all good scaffs should always be I challenge makita Hilti millwaulky or whatever to produce an all singing and dancing specific drill with guarantees that comply with industry standards and don't give risks to scaffolders health in the future the job is tough enough as it is that will never change unless the next thing is a robot who will go do shift for you that would probably suit most of the tossers out there who think they are a scaffolder

hilti dont make one for scaffolding so if u buy one and they find out its been used for scaffolding your warranty is void where as makita as one that says suitable for scaffolding and if you register it online you get a 3 year warranty on base unit best thing i bought to be honist stay away from leeches as they sell it for 500 with 2xbatterys and charger when u can get from web for about 360 been in game close to 20 year

The Hilti IW's have a higher quality ABS chassis than the Makita's and the trigger is arguably better also, but the internals where it counts are in my opinion better with the Makita DTW218Z and the earlier version was pretty simple to service by yourself buying spares when required such as a new clutch and square drive when required as these do take a pounding. I managed 3 years with my 1st Makita before one too many drops split the chassis. All the Hilti IW's I've seen seem to fail with the electronic brain that regulates power to the motor, it is not a sealed unit in the Hilti whereas in the Makita it is which means better ingress protection or using it when its raining.

Impact wrench

Hi can anyone recommend which impact wrench I should buy looking to buy one been using scaffolder spanner since I have started scaffolding but looking to get a Impact wrench which is the best one to buy for the money

Top Bottom