Employee tupe to sub contractor who does same work for company (1 Viewer)

grafter

Reaction score
Any help lads I've worked for a company 6 years not a Scaff firm but employed as a scaffolder to do there work they also sub work out to another firm and to save money they want to outsource all the work to the sub contractor and tupe us over to save paying us redundancy is this legal. As ideally i would like redundantcy payment and go my own way. The company still have the work by the way just don't want to keep us employees on. just need to know where I stand basicly

Any help lads I've worked for a company 6 years not a Scaff firm but employed as a scaffolder to do there work they also sub work out to another firm and to save money they want to outsource all the work to the sub contractor and tupe us over to save paying us redundancy is this legal. As ideally i would like redundantcy payment and go my own way. The company still have the work by the way just don't want to keep us employees on. just need to know where I stand basicly

You need to take to legal advice mate ,
we dont know what way you are employed or what contractual agreement you have with your company.
But from the sounds of your many posts you looking to build a case against your company for working in an unsafe and unprofessional way ,
i don think that will get you what you what but my advise would be to seek legal advice regards employment laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafter

You need to take to legal advice mate ,
we dont know what way you are employed or what contractual agreement you have with your company.
But from the sounds of your many posts you looking to build a case against your company for working in an unsafe and unprofessional way ,
i don think that will get you what you what but my advise would be to seek legal advice regards employment laws.

Most solicitors give you first 30 minutes free of charge I believe

Basically was employed as a scaffolder to do there own work for there men and when to busy they dub out jobs out to a firm and have done for years now they saying that to cut cost us the in house scaffolders they want to do away with as number of jobs can vary from day to day and don't want to have to pay us permanatly if can sub work out as and when needed we still doing on average 3 erects a day but there saying that there trying to tupe is over to sub contractor firm but we want redundancy instead and go are own way.and only asking other questions because after 6 years of working for them and untold times telling them we should get rams harness checked ladders tagged and rescue plan in place with equipment and trained to use kit in case of accident but anything that would cost money they just fobbed us off and seems that they want to get out of paying redundantcy now can't tell you name of company but they are multi million pound company and even advertise on telly I cant belive that they have never worried about our rules and regs they not a scaffold company but I believe when they took the scaffold side on they should of made it there buisness to understand they should do it properly or at least listen to us but never cared they been notified from two health and safety officers to manegers to md and still no change now all diffrent people in higher places in company so want a bit of advice we just want are redundancy that's all

How have they said they are getting rid of you?
Have they offered you redundancy?
Depending on number of employees they may have to offer consultation period.
Have they offered you alternative employment?

As others have said it's a minefield, you will need legal advice.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Basically was employed as a scaffolder to do there own work for there men and when to busy they dub out jobs out to a firm and have done for years now they saying that to cut cost us the in house scaffolders they want to do away with as number of jobs can vary from day to day and don't want to have to pay us permanatly if can sub work out as and when needed we still doing on average 3 erects a day but there saying that there trying to tupe is over to sub contractor firm but we want redundancy instead and go are own way.and only asking other questions because after 6 years of working for them and untold times telling them we should get rams harness checked ladders tagged and rescue plan in place with equipment and trained to use kit in case of accident but anything that would cost money they just fobbed us off and seems that they want to get out of paying redundantcy now can't tell you name of company but they are multi million pound company and even advertise on telly I cant belive that they have never worried about our rules and regs they not a scaffold company but I believe when they took the scaffold side on they should of made it there buisness to understand they should do it properly or at least listen to us but never cared they been notified from two health and safety officers to manegers to md and still no change now all diffrent people in higher places in company so want a bit of advice we just want are redundancy that's all

Ummmm.........so you have been happily taking there money in wages for 6 years and now the boat is being rocked you are out in avengence!!! Why have you worked under them for so long knowing that something is amiss??

Yes told getting rid of us haven't gave us date yet they said about tupe to the firm the sub work out too and I have stayed on here so long as local holiday pay and got kids to feed mate not trying to get one over on them just feel like I'm entitled to redundantcy as I'm a hard worker turned up every day not messed them about tried educating them to no aval and could of refused to work legally from word go but as I say got kids to feed obviously I need to seek legal advise

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

And the people now in charge don't even know my name I'm just a number so I think I'm entitled to speak of my concerns regarding work situations regarding there duty of care to me as a employee to me they basiclly trying to shaft me wouldn't you try get as much info and amo then

So as a scaffolder grafter you have worked without a tagged or inspected harness , without using ladder gates and without reading and signing any RAMS for the last 6 years ,
and only when you feel hard done by you decide to say something ?
that in my book makes you as bad if not worse then the company you work for ,
i assume you have a ticket and some form of training ?

I told the. lots of times ranging from managers two health and safety officers and md they go through so many people its unreal but unless I quit of my own back and put myself out of work I've just covered myself by telling them in emails face to face and over phone as I say not they game but they should of made it there buisness it its all to do with money obviously that's why there trying to get out of redundantcy and I've had enough they not a little firm they are a big company and ruthless

Grafter, seems like they have come to there sense's and realised that there is more to this game than meets the eye, you say people in charge now only know you by a number which tells me they have just taken charge so want to get rid and contract out.
Do your self a favour and get another job somewhere else before they lay every one else off, move on and prob get more money any way.

You could always try ACAS for advice ,google it they give free advice.

I told the. lots of times ranging from managers two health and safety officers and md they go through so many people its unreal but unless I quit of my own back and put myself out of work I've just covered myself by telling them in emails face to face and over phone as I say not they game but they should of made it there buisness it its all to do with money obviously that's why there trying to get out of redundantcy and I've had enough they not a little firm they are a big company and ruthless[/QU

me thinks its time you moved on brother ,
just out of interest and you still aint answer my question what ticket do you have ??
and what SCAFFOLD FIRMS have you worked for before this cushy number ?

I told the. lots of times ranging from managers two health and safety officers and md they go through so many people its unreal but unless I quit of my own back and put myself out of work I've just covered myself by telling them in emails face to face and over phone as I say not they game but they should of made it there buisness it its all to do with money obviously that's why there trying to get out of redundantcy and I've had enough they not a little firm they are a big company and ruthless[/QU

me thinks its time you moved on brother ,
just out of interest and you still aint answer my question what ticket do you have ??
and what SCAFFOLD FIRMS have you worked for before this cushy number ?

Phil I asked him last night in one of his other threads...what makes you so special he will tell you what ticket he has......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's all gone quiet from the grafter. Must be busy grafting.

Top Bottom