Is Scaff step law or just guidance (1 Viewer)

grafter

Reaction score
Does my employer have to provide me with Scaff step to work to current rules and regs

No Grafter, We Use The Short Lift (1 Meter ) Instead Of That Unsafe Ill Thought Out Piece Of Scrap Alloy Called The Scaffstep

It depends on his method of erecting as per his RAMs - which tbh you should have read but there are other methods available such as AGM

Can't name drop but company I work for never seen any rams

Then that my friend is down to you i'm afraid - if you're willing to work like a mushroom then dont moan about it - in the eyes of hs law ignorance is not a plea

Due to all these questions it seems you have a grievance grafter? Are you are trying to dig up a load of ***** to throw at your employer? Are you getting paid off? If so bringing up all this stuff will not help you and you will likely get yourself black listed, possibly even a bad name locally. Do yourself a favour and learn from the responses you are being given. But bring them up as they happen and not just when you throw your toys out of the Pram. You won't be doing any yourself any favours. Call it a learning experience.

Listne mate in response to your original question

IT IS NOT THE LAW THIS WAS BROUGHT IN BY THE SO CALLED PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP OUR GREAT INDUSTRY(BUT MOSTLY THEMSELVES) THE INFAMOUSE NASC THEN THE HSE JUMP ON IT THINKING ITS A GREAT IDEA (THAT WAY THEY DONT NEED TO DO ANYTHING) THATS THEIR LOGIC THEN THE BIG BOYS PRODUCE THE SCAFFSTEP ? AT £125.00 EACH TUPPENCE TO MANUFACTURE AND BY THE BIG BOYS I MEAN INTERSERVE/SGB/ TRAD /GENERATION ANYBODY WHO CAN MAKE A BUCK FROM ALL THE LESS FORTUNITES LIKE YOURSELVES THESE THINGS ARE ALL GUIDENCE ONLY SAFETY SHOUID BE YOUR ISSUE DO IT SAFE YOUR WAY THEN NO ONE CAN SAY **** ALL TO YOU

The scaffstep is a method of working to SG4:15
It is not a legal requirement, just an option among few to work to SG4:15

Please share your knowledge then Julian if you think you know

Top Bottom