card expirey and cpd course (1 Viewer)

scaff101

Reaction score
iv just got off phone to cisrs, card expires in december, but bird on phone said if i do my touch screen and send off for renewal and they get it last two weeks on june then they will just renew the card and wont need to do the cpd until it expires from the new date, hope this helps some guys out

If your Card runs out before you 30th June 2017 You can renew on old rules up to 3 Months before.

After 1st July you have to do CPD Course 2 days.

Q: What is the process for renewing my CISRS card?

All existing cardholders will be required to renew their cards by completing the relevant application form and passing the relevant level of CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test or Recognised Exemption within 2 years of renewal, and submitting the application form with a recent photograph and payment of £26.50. From 1st July 2017, all CISRS Scaffolder and Advanced card holders will be required to attend a 2 Day Refresher/CPD course.

For more information about CISRS Scaffolder Refresher/CPD Training please click here

Renewal Notices will be sent to the last known address approximately 3 months prior to the card expiry date.

Click here for renewal information for the different categories of CISRS cards.

FAQ | CISRS: Construction Industry Scaffolders Record scheme.

If she as told other wise over the phone get to confirm this in writing.

They have said from start that they are expecting a lot of early renewals, can renew card from 6months of the date anyway.

Dirty, robbing, parasitic c@nts.
That is all.
Couple of old school lads I know are already going to leave the game because of this, they arent going to do the course on principle and neither am I.
I personally think the CISRS have shot themselves in the foot on this issue.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

we can take it that your apposed to the CPD then stone :laugh::laugh::laugh:
What do you make of this phil having your own firm? You must be as miffed as the rest of us, maybe more having to pay for the lads courses when each card runs out?:nuts:

It's ******* stupid. They should make it a course you can do it on computer at home,

Good thing if you ask me never seen so many no nothing muppets who have the front to call themselves scaffolders , the game a joke and anyone says otherwise is a Bengal lancer his self

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

John Cisrs Havent Shot Themselves In The Foot At All Mate, They Have Kicked All Of Us In The Town Halls , The Whole Scaffolding Industry Is Really Jiggered, Them And Nasc Have Screwed This Industry In The Pursuit Of The Mighty Pound

We've got a lad that works for us that did his COTS course. waited 6 months to do his part one. Renewed his part one and now unless he does his part 2 before June he loses his part one and has to start all over again, including COTS. How can this be a fair system? Plus if he has to start again from the beginning realistically what is he going to learn that he has not already learned and paid for?? Money making racket end of!!

I WONDER IF OUR COMMONWALTH COUSINS WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SAME SHIIT TO BE A SCAFFOLDER
OF COURSE NOT THEY JUST NEED TO DO THE CISRS INTERNATIONAL OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED ********
NO COTS FOR THEM AND NO CPD AS THE SIMAINS AND SAFETY ACCESS WILL LOOSE MONEY BECAUSE THE ARABS AND THE REST WILL JUST SAY RAM IT IM NOT PAYING THAT :mad:
BUT ITS OK FOR THE BRITS

Good thing if you ask me never seen so many no nothing muppets who have the front to call themselves scaffolders , the game a joke and anyone says otherwise is a Bengal lancer his self

:laugh: at bengal lancer.
I agree with you though about the quality of scaffolder they're producing these days. I seem to be working with most of them with a large company that rhymes with food group.
This has little to do with the CPD though and everything to do with them churning out 'trained' guys that have very little, hands on, site experience. There's young boys professing to be advanced scaffolders that struggle to kick of an 8x8 square.

John Cisrs Havent Shot Themselves In The Foot At All Mate, They Have Kicked All Of Us In The Town Halls , The Whole Scaffolding Industry Is Really Jiggered, Them And Nasc Have Screwed This Industry In The Pursuit Of The Mighty Pound
Yeh your right in that sense Gers. With this they are putting the old school scaffs out to grass and thats a lot of experience the game could be losing due to their greed.

As mentioned its the lack of hands on experience thats missing,
you will never beat a man thats worked with an old hand for a few years ,
its all very well sitting in a class room learning the theory but a different story when your 12 lifts above the main road putting hemps on.
and its not the young fellas fault as they are only doing whats asked of them,
what they need to do is spend a year in the yard then a year on the rope and chaining gear up gear ,
and then start to learn to fix from an old hand ,
and then after 5 years they should be going on their part 1

I have just sent mine off for renewal for the last time. It is still a difficult process for expats to do from overseas. You cant do the HSE test online but they allowed my Australian safety qualification after I appealed. The admin girl was really helpful.
I would still like to attend one of the new courses just to see what experience the instructor actually has or whether he has just read a few papers.

Your so right Phil my boy has followed me into the game he spent five years by my side , he is now a part two but if you put him with most boys with the same years experience he makes them look like labourers , its a shame but there just not enough old hands to show them the era of they ways , I run a project with about fifteen scaff out of that I've two gangs I can leave alone the rest I have to constantly go around checking and correcting they work sometimes that means taking it down and starting again which don't help when your working to a tight programme and under pressure . I had to take down a loading bay yesterday and re erect while a banksman and Brickie stood there waiting to load it out , not good

Can't see why we can't cover anything that the course is going to bring up in a few Toolbox talks in the yard or on site.
For most scaffs on the cards it will just be a couple of days break sat in a classroom,but for the subbies it's gonna be out their own pockets plus the 2 days loss of earnings.
I also feel for the bosses[a wee bit] as it will be them that have to stump up for the courses and i'm guessing will have to probably pay the blokes while they're on the courses as it will come under "job training".
Money making bollox i reckon.

most of these updates can be done online mark my words they will try to fill out the course with crap just to spin out two days money 6 months down the line you will be getting away early and longer breaks in the course It will become a joke like all the other courses they run MONEY MONEY MONEY all under the HSE banner total joke the industry is ******

Won't get many or if any Firms paying for you to renew your card.

The card belongs to the Scaff not the Firm.

You MAY have to put 2 DAYS HOLIDAY IN.

Maybe so Teeside if your self employed but if paye its the companies responsibility to make sure that all workers are qualified to do their job!

Top Bottom