Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: road-rage bust-up between a cyclist and Scaffolding truck driver.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,560 Posts

Cool road-rage bust-up between a cyclist and Scaffolding truck driver.

Sense of humour and thick skin is essential in this game

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 579 Posts

Driving like a knob is one thing but spitting, what has the game come to?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Reade For This Useful Post:

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER (15th March 2017)

Thanks

The other unfortunate thing is this is the sort of stuff the general public think of whenever someone mentions they're a Scaffolder.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick-CDS For This Useful Post:

HatterScaff (15th March 2017), TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER (15th March 2017)

Thanks

Should of got out and nutted the doyle.I hate cyclists.Shouldnt be allowed on the roads

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob the builder View Post
    Should of got out and nutted the doyle.I hate cyclists.Shouldnt be allowed on the roads
    In honesty Bob that may well have been my first reaction 30 years ago but now.. not so much.
    Spitting though? I struggle to imagine a scenario out side a junior playground that calls for spitting??

Just as well there is no livery on the truck.

cyclists not bothered either way to be honest but not keen on how they are allowed to believe they are the only people on the road or how they feel it is easier to stop 40t of truck rather than them stop their bike?
    But that's just my opinion.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alan Reade For This Useful Post:

copperknackers (16th March 2017), Double-Standards (16th March 2017), Flint1 (16th March 2017), Gerscaff (17th March 2017)

Thanks

Cyclists do my nut in, unbelievable they think they have the right of the road, when they don't even pay road tax or insurance!
    Claret and Blue through and through!!

Thanks

Nobody has commented on the cyclists skills as he is weaving in and out of the traffic, apparently with only one goal - to even the score.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Binthere For This Useful Post:

Alan Reade (16th March 2017)

Thanks

I sympathise with the driver - it is difficult to get a good fix on how fast a bike is going - you know it's too slow to follow but getting past needs a bit more speed or length of road and that isn't always easy to find. In this case, both the cyclist and the driver failed to read the road ahead - one of the rules I learnt years ago was to not drive or ride into a closing gap. Both of them should have seen the traffic island and both could have avoided the side by side situation by easing off and letting the other ahead. If you're on a bike, it's a good thing to work out who is going to come off worst when you decide what to do.
    The real culprit here was the road designer who thought that getting a bike lane and a traffic lane side by side into a sub 3m wide space would work.
    That said, losing it is something that seems to be a first resort to some people and we really need to get away from that state of mind. We all make errors of judgement and most of the time, no-one gets hurt so why not just accept it as that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copperknackers View Post
    Cyclists do my nut in, unbelievable they think they have the right of the road, when they don't even pay road tax or insurance!
    You'd be shocked on the insurance copper a lot have it

I ride but I keep it to the muddy stuff as I'd look stupid in all that Lycra

Thanks

All I can say on watching the full video is the cyclist is very lucky he picked on 3 laid back scaffolders. I know a certain few of my lads would have been straight out and it would have been a different story!
    Since cyclists have started to wear these helmet cams they think they are beyond reproach. in all honesty they are a menace to the roads!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StoneScaffoldingLtd For This Useful Post:

Alan Reade (17th March 2017), copperknackers (17th March 2017), Dandaps (19th March 2017), Double-Standards (18th March 2017), Flint1 (16th March 2017), Gerscaff (17th March 2017), philliosmaximus (17th March 2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast