road-rage bust-up between a cyclist and Scaffolding truck driver. (1 Viewer)

The other unfortunate thing is this is the sort of stuff the general public think of whenever someone mentions they're a Scaffolder.

Should of got out and nutted the doyle.I hate cyclists.Shouldnt be allowed on the roads

Should of got out and nutted the doyle.I hate cyclists.Shouldnt be allowed on the roads

In honesty Bob that may well have been my first reaction 30 years ago but now.. not so much.
Spitting though? I struggle to imagine a scenario out side a junior playground that calls for spitting??

Just as well there is no livery on the truck.

cyclists not bothered either way to be honest but not keen on how they are allowed to believe they are the only people on the road or how they feel it is easier to stop 40t of truck rather than them stop their bike?
But that's just my opinion.

Nobody has commented on the cyclists skills as he is weaving in and out of the traffic, apparently with only one goal - to even the score.

I sympathise with the driver - it is difficult to get a good fix on how fast a bike is going - you know it's too slow to follow but getting past needs a bit more speed or length of road and that isn't always easy to find. In this case, both the cyclist and the driver failed to read the road ahead - one of the rules I learnt years ago was to not drive or ride into a closing gap. Both of them should have seen the traffic island and both could have avoided the side by side situation by easing off and letting the other ahead. If you're on a bike, it's a good thing to work out who is going to come off worst when you decide what to do.
The real culprit here was the road designer who thought that getting a bike lane and a traffic lane side by side into a sub 3m wide space would work.
That said, losing it is something that seems to be a first resort to some people and we really need to get away from that state of mind. We all make errors of judgement and most of the time, no-one gets hurt so why not just accept it as that?

Cyclists do my nut in, unbelievable they think they have the right of the road, when they don't even pay road tax or insurance!

You'd be shocked on the insurance copper a lot have it

I ride but I keep it to the muddy stuff as I'd look stupid in all that Lycra

All I can say on watching the full video is the cyclist is very lucky he picked on 3 laid back scaffolders. I know a certain few of my lads would have been straight out and it would have been a different story!
Since cyclists have started to wear these helmet cams they think they are beyond reproach. in all honesty they are a menace to the roads!

I agree stone
Some behaviour by them is terrible, and that's without jumping lights and the like that they get up to
The ones in London are the ******* worse

I know a guy involved in a similar incident that ended in tears & the cyclists helmet including camera still sits in the site tea hut displayed like a trophy pml

I Have Had Many A Run In With Cyclist And I Have To Say They **** Me Off Big Style, They Seem To Be Under The Misaprehention They Have The Right To Do Whatever The Hell They Like,

IF ANYONE SPAT AT ME I WOULD RIP HIS FUCKIING JAW
A MOST DEPLORABLE ACT I CANT IMAGNE
BIG TOUGH SCAFFS CANT PULL OVER AND HAVE IT OUT WITH A CUUNT ON A BIKE WHAT HAS THE GAME CAME TO:sad2:

Top Bottom