plan bracing base lift in street

scaff101

Reaction score
if you plan brace the base where you cant leave rakers in, can you also leave the sway/face brace out? just one less thing for public to walk into is what im thinking

You could possible remove that face brace from pavement to first lift if you have ties at the first lift that can support shear loads (not ringbolts) but you would need a design. TG20 shows handrails at the face braced bay to prevent people walking into the brace.

Plan brace is needed when 1st lift is over 2.7m side braces may be omitted but facade brace is required unless stated in design

moving it to the inside line usually works,just make sure you foam it up well and cable tie it.

Plan brace the pavement lift if you leave the ledger bracing out, you could tie it instead but the windbrace should be in the base lift.

Phillolding scaffys a school day atio your at it again with your saff london patter
every day is a school day in scaffolding so what the FECKK is an Indian Pinch;)

Phillolding scaffys a school day atio your at it again with your saff london patter
every day is a school day in scaffolding so what the FECKK is an Indian Pinch;)

:laugh::laugh: its 2 transoms wedged in a window revel to take the sway out the scaffold very old school street thing , i aint gonna mention any names but i know of lads that used to use this method as ties :eek:

Only ever known it as a pinch tie,i'm sure the politically correct brigade would be all over anyone calling it Indian especially if installed using Fanny clips.

Top Bottom